Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Replacing stock speakers with Infinity Kappas

Reactions
City
Richmond
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
I have the non-HK speaker system. I'm looking to replace the front speakers with Infinity Kappa 60csx (2.5ohm), and the rear speakers with Kappa 60.11cs (2ohm). Will this work with the stock amp? Thanks.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I have the non-HK speaker system. I'm looking to replace the front speakers with Infinity Kappa 60csx (2.5ohm), and the rear speakers with Kappa 60.11cs (2ohm). Will this work with the stock amp? Thanks.
I don’t know much about it, but from what I remember reading is if you change the speakers you have to hook up a resistor so the system doesn’t throw a code thinking that there is no speaker hooked up. Why they let the computer throw a code over a speaker I have no idea.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the infinity speakers with the stock system. Been thinking about doing that

gagz316

Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT AWD 2018
I don’t know much about it, but from what I remember reading is if you change the speakers you have to hook up a resistor so the system doesn’t throw a code thinking that there is no speaker hooked up. Why they let the computer throw a code over a speaker I have no idea.

Would love to hear your thoughts on the infinity speakers with the stock system. Been thinking about doing that
The speaker itself is a resistance. I don't know why it would need an additional resistance. Anyway, when I changed my speakers, they were no additional resistance included in the wiring. I have the non-HK system also.

Fatboy43

Reactions
City
Fort cobb
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
Genesis g70
The speaker itself is a resistance. I don't know why it would need an additional resistance. Anyway, when I changed my speakers, they were no additional resistance included in the wiring. I have the non-HK system also.
I am curious on how you installed the new speakers. I cannot seem to find a proper set of adapters. Would you be willing to tell me where you got yours please?

gagz316

Reactions
City
Montreal
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT AWD 2018
I am curious on how you installed the new speakers. I cannot seem to find a proper set of adapters. Would you be willing to tell me where you got yours please?
They were custom made...

OP
superflunker87
Reactions
City
Richmond
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Thread Starter #6
Late update but I've had the speakers for a year and they sound amazing. I replaced the fronts with Infinity KAPPA-60CSX 6.5" Component Speakers and the rears with Infinity Kappa 62IX 6.5" Coaxial Speaker System. They sound sooo good now especially with hifi music. They downside is the fronts are a lot louder than the rears since the 60csx has a higher sensivity.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Late update but I've had the speakers for a year and they sound amazing. I replaced the fronts with Infinity KAPPA-60CSX 6.5" Component Speakers and the rears with Infinity Kappa 62IX 6.5" Coaxial Speaker System. They sound sooo good now especially with hifi music. They downside is the fronts are a lot louder than the rears since the 60csx has a higher sensivity.
easily fixed with the fader/balance controls I would assume?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Don't the 60csx have a lower sensitivity? Weird

1642699316785.png