Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Prospective Stinger Buyer - Questions

Tezza283

Reactions
City
Perth
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Holden Commodore SSV (VF)
Hey guys, I'm from Perth, WA. I've had a V8 Commodore wagon for the last 8 years and am considering changing it up for a Stinger. I've been doing a bit of reading and researching on the Stingers that are available in Perth at the moment. From that I have some queries:

1) The current MY21 gets the most upgrades since the original release - larger screen, bi-modal standard, new wheels and minor styling changes. Anything else that the MY21 gets additionally?
2) Is the larger screen in the MY21 just a larger screen or is the actual system different too?
3) Did much change between the MY18, MY19 and MY20? Is there anywhere where the changes between each MY are listed?
4) On the older models is there any easy way to tell if the optional bi-modal is fitted?
5) To get a new MY21 looks to be like $65K+ (and a 6 month+ wait). Could be possible to get a MY20 for ~$62K or a MY18/19 for ~$53K. At those sort of prices, what would you guys lean towards?

Thanks for any help guys!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, Just go in with the mindset of this is how much i'm willing to spend, remember you don't need them to buy a car but they need to to sell one..

LuciusNexx

Reactions
City
Adelaide
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT
I orderd my Stinger in June and got it late August. I have a mate who ordered his stinger in Feb and is estimated to get it in October... so mileage may vary depending on your dealership I imagine, or the colours you choose. I went Snow Pearl White and red interior on the GT.

OP
T

Tezza283

Reactions
City
Perth
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
I orderd my Stinger in June and got it late August. I have a mate who ordered his stinger in Feb and is estimated to get it in October... so mileage may vary depending on your dealership I imagine, or the colours you choose. I went Snow Pearl White and red interior on the GT.
I just recently ended up putting a deposit on a new white GT with red interior 😁 The car was already ordered earlier this year, but then the buyer cancelled. So it's already somewhere along the journey, but not far enough to have a concrete date yet still.

Reactions
City
Perth
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger GT
I have a Neon Orange on order...arriving early next year (or so I hope).

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

TheSenator

Reactions
City
East Perth
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT
Hey guys, I'm from Perth, WA. I've had a V8 Commodore wagon for the last 8 years and am considering changing it up for a Stinger. I've been doing a bit of reading and researching on the Stingers that are available in Perth at the moment. From that I have some queries:

1) The current MY21 gets the most upgrades since the original release - larger screen, bi-modal standard, new wheels and minor styling changes. Anything else that the MY21 gets additionally?
2) Is the larger screen in the MY21 just a larger screen or is the actual system different too?
3) Did much change between the MY18, MY19 and MY20? Is there anywhere where the changes between each MY are listed?
4) On the older models is there any easy way to tell if the optional bi-modal is fitted?
5) To get a new MY21 looks to be like $65K+ (and a 6 month+ wait). Could be possible to get a MY20 for ~$62K or a MY18/19 for ~$53K. At those sort of prices, what would you guys lean towards?

Thanks for any help guys!
I'm also from Perth WA, and come from owning a Supercharged V8 SSV... And then a V6 Turbo Diesel ute... What have you found so far on your Car Yard journeys with regards to the Stingers? Im atually thinking of getting one from over east and truck/boat it here. We appear to pay the Perth Tax....

I'd be interested in hearing what the long range economy is like and how it stacks up as a tourer..

OP
T

Tezza283

Reactions
City
Perth
State
WA
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
I'm also from Perth WA, and come from owning a Supercharged V8 SSV... And then a V6 Turbo Diesel ute... What have you found so far on your Car Yard journeys with regards to the Stingers? Im atually thinking of getting one from over east and truck/boat it here. We appear to pay the Perth Tax....

I'd be interested in hearing what the long range economy is like and how it stacks up as a tourer..
Hey, not a lot of Stingers around in Perth at the moment. A few 2018/2019s but either fairly high k's or not really cheap enough compared to new. Finding a new one is hard though without waiting at least a couple of months. I've ordered one from Wangara that was cancelled, so hopefully I'll only need to wait a couple of months, but who knows. Didn't really budge with the price, but threw in a couple of things at least. Hard to argue much at the moment. Even over east doesn't look like too many around either, but I'm still keeping an eye out.