Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Plugs.... here goes nothing!

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #21
Oh you said .0024-.0036'' gap, you probably mean .024-.036'' its a big difference, it's why I asked you if .0012 will make a difference, but it's not .0012, it's about .012'' lolll
Ohhhhhh... I'm an idiot. LOL

I fixed it. Good catch!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
you're not an idiot, I told you, I'm a machinist, and I see all little things!!!

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
Cars looks great [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]. Can't wait to hear your review of the JB4.[strongman]

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #24
Cars looks great [MENTION=291]MurlinatoR[/MENTION]. Can't wait to hear your review of the JB4.[strongman]
I'm still playing and learning but MAN this thing is strong!!! LOL

I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around it.

Killed a half tank in one day! Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #25
UPDATE:

So, I've been playing just a little. The factory NGK's have not missed a beat! I've pushed a little and even gotten a tad edgy with map 6 and they've fired perfectly. I'm still burning 93 and haven't blended any e85 yet. That will come this afternoon.

Happy with my decision to give the stock plugs a chance!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
glad to hear they are holding up well. Keep us posted once you start with the e85.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Any idea how much horsepower the Stinger makes on E85?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #28
Any idea how much horsepower the Stinger makes on E85?
Well, based on dyno charts on Burger Tuning's website, it looks like they're running around 440 whp and 515 wtq with around 30%/70% E85/93 and the map 5 setting that has a targeted boost peak of around 7psi over stock (around 18ish psi total).

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
My turn. Started at 1:41. Have driver's side out and gapping them.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Driver's side is done. Starting passenger side.
My turn. Started at 1:41. Have driver's side out and gapping them.

All posts are for entertainment, are my opinions and not meant to be acted upon. All photos are copyrighted and not for use by others, without express written consent by me.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Passenger side is done. Time to crank her up
Driver's side is done. Starting passenger side.

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Fired up perfectly. Ran it hard a couple times. It appears to have a bit more throttle response.

Set all six plugs to 0.025. Really had no issues removing the coil packs or plugs. Did the job without removing or loosening anything other than the coil packs.

Passenger side was a bit tricky, but nothing difficult.

Used 1/4" drive for the coil packs. Used 3/8" drive for spark plugs. Having two universal joints is a must for the center plug on the passenger side.
Passenger side is done. Time to crank her up

brancky3

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
Having two universal joints is a must for the center plug on the passenger side.
Definitely a must for that one, but they also make every other plug easier to get out as well. I don't think any plugs could be taken out with a straight socket / extension.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I just replaced my plugs in advance of a JB4 - I also kept the intake in, however, taking the coil out of the center passenger was a pain. You had to bend it so much the flexible plug extension pulled out of the coil. You can re-assemble, but just shows you how tight the space is. Next time I'm going to take off the intake for more room, it didn't look that bad.