Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Picking up tomorrow 2019 GT1

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Excited to be part of this forum. Getting rid of my 2004 G35 coupe. Included pic of the G35. Had her since new. 125k mikes. Bought new. Always garaged. She was a good car but I wanted AWD and some real usable space. I always had performance cars...but the Stinger is my favorite.

Had to wait for pickup since mine was a “demo” with 800 miles on it has slight damage to lower lip on front bumper. Was minor but down past paint into plastic... about once inch of damage. Dealer insisted on fixing via repaint/blend. Bumper was taken off. I am nervous but paint shop at dealership has good reputation and reviews. Also had the 19inch summer tires swapped for all season tires at no charge. Live in PA and can’t drive all year on summer rubber.

Picking her up tomorrow for check on paint job and test drive with new tires. I am excited!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #2
Excited to be part of this forum. Getting ride of my 2004 G35 coupe. Included pic of the G35. Had her since new. 125k mikes. Bought new. Always garaged. She was a good car but I wanted AWD and some real usable space.

Had to wait for pickup since mine was a “demo” with 800 miles on it has slight damage to lower lip on front bumper. Was minor but down past paint into plastic... about once inch of damage. Dealer insisted on fixing via repaint/blend. Bumper was taken off. I am nervous but paint shop at dealership has good reputation and reviews. Also had the 19inch summer tires swapped for all season tires at no charge. Live in PA and can’t drive all year on summer rubber.

Picking her up tomorrow for check on paint job and test drive with new tires. I am excited!!!
Here is pic from dealer after paint job done. Still need to see in person. :)

Attachments

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Congrats!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Congrats, looks like they did a decent job on the paint

OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome! Going to get it in about 2 hours. Very excited. That said, I am nervous about bumper being repainted. Mostly about color match cause I know plastic is hard to paint match. Also concerned being front of car if the dealer paint is strong enough to take small rock hits and such.

They did say they put 2 extra clear coats to protect it.

Any thoughts on how well repaint vs oem paint in front bumper.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Welcome bro, you're going to love the Stinger.(y)

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Here is pic from dealer after paint job done. Still need to see in person
Make sure you look at the bumper in the sun and in the shade to make sure paint matches.

Also concerned being front of car if the dealer paint is strong enough to take small rock hits and such.
Also, if the paint is ok, go have a clear bra installed right away that will save your front end from rock chips. I've had my car for almost 5 months an I have never driven on the freeway all city driving and I got a small chip in my bumper and it cost me a 100 dollars to get it fixed before I could have my clear bra put on. If you don't put the bra on the car it will cost you double, repaint then clear bra so.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new car. (y):cool:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations.
That is a great looking G35 for the age and miles. I see that you bought it fully loaded too, with the NAV and brembo package.

You will have as much if not more fun with the Stinger. Great color combo choice.
If the paint looks good to you, then have the whole front of the car protected with PPF (paint protection film) that will prevent any rock chips from showing.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome. Great color combo choice by the way

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Congrats

OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #11
Thank you to all for the welcome! Just drove it home. Wow. My G35 coupe was loaded...nice car but this is the best of everything. Luxury, Quality, Performance, Room and Looks. Great overall balance. My G35 was 5.4 0-60.... This Stinger is much more powerful and refined. Thank you for the notes about the paint on the bumper. They only used color on about 3 inches of bottom lip.... rest was wet sanded and then added two more coats of clear coat. Looks perfect! I look forward to participating in this form.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Congratulations and welcome!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Congrats

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Welcome!

Magneto

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
Great Choice! Welcome Brother!

Reactions
About clear bra, see my reply to your original post (too lengthy to repeat here). Rick.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Congrats!