Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Paint/plastic is cracking

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Is anyone else noticing an issue on the plastic between their doors and the roof of the car. It seems it's a different plastic used and is starting to Crack. Car is a 2018

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
Mine did that! On the soft plastic on the roof, right? I was denied warranty coverage by the Kia dealer and never heard back from Kia themselves. The dealership said it was “chemical damage” which is complete bs. I’m going to have to contact Kia again after seeing this, it has to be defective material being used on those pieces.

Attachments

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Haven’t seen anything on mine yet

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Yeah the softer set in plastic strip on the roof. Great, I'm brining mine in for maintenance soon so hopefully they don't give me that nonsense. What chemical would you use washing your car that would do that.

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
A friend of mine owns a very reputable body shop and is very knowledgeable. He said what we of course knew, that no cleaner would do that. Also that the reason it's doing that is because they didn't add the flex additive to the paint like they are supposed to add to the bumpers. The parts expand and contract in the heat and cold and without the additive will always crack. I have my dealer appointment on the 20th and will point it out to them.

Reactions
State
OK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
A friend of mine owns a very reputable body shop and is very knowledgeable. He said what we of course knew, that no cleaner would do that. Also that the reason it's doing that is because they didn't add the flex additive to the paint like they are supposed to add to the bumpers. The parts expand and contract in the heat and cold and without the additive will always crack. I have my dealer appointment on the 20th and will point it out to them.

Sounds good, let me know what they say. I thought it would be from heat, I started noticing mine around mid summer.

OP
V
Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
Thread Starter #7
Sounds good, let me know what they say. I thought it would be from heat, I started noticing mine around mid summer.
They are replacing both strips. Sorry for the late reply it finally went to the shop yesterday.