Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New to me 2019 GT2 Hi-Chroma Red

Ragtopfan

Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT 2 AWD
Hello all:

Randy from the Twin Cities of MinneSnowta. Glad to be here and hopefully learn from all of the other like minded Stinger folks on the forum.

I needed to replace my 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring and learned that Mazda stopped production with the 2021's. I really did like my '16 and I had my heart set on a Soul Red version with the Turbo 2.5. What to do? CX-5? Camry? Accord? I asked the smartest car guy I know ...my brother. He says "Kia K5". I asked "What is the GT-Line?". Answer: "Has the Bark but not the Bite". AS I was looking at the GT version of the K5 online, I saw the Stinger which I had just recently seen on the road and thought 'what a great car, who makes that?' When I asked him about the Stinger, he said 'Great Car' and that started my search. My goal was 2022 GT-Line with either Ascot Green or Hi-Chroma Red and a beige interior. This would give me the newer more robust 2.5 liter 300 HP power plant and still give me some of the mileage I got with the 6. It needed to have the Sun & Sound package and the puddle lamps. Who knew finding this would be such a task.

After an extensive search, I found a loaded GT-Line at an out of state dealer and when I inquired about the price they asked for my zip code. I wondered why that would matter but I gave it to them. Result: $5K over MSRP. I passed as I could get a GT1 locally if I wanted to pay that price. For kicks, I made a new inquiry about a week later and gave them their own zip code. As I thought, they would sell for MSRP with no mark up if I was local. Since buying out of state was likely not an option I turned my attention to what was actually available within 250 miles. I stopped at the local dealer where after test driving a GT1, he informed me that I could place an order for what I wanted and it would be delivered in December. Uh, turns out he was wrong and they are no longer taking orders. OK... (sigh) sure I will look at the 3 used ones you have...First was a 2018 GT2 with 34K Miles in Micro Blue. Not thrilled about the color. Next was a 2021 Ceramic Silver GT2 with 3,313 miles. Loved the idea of the low miles but hate the color. Apparently, Ceramic Silver is one of the most popular Kia colors along with Wolf Gray (they honestly look like the same color to me). Next...I see the Red 2019 GT2 which he said had 33K miles on it but it was SOLD...but wait...the car I am standing by is actually a fresh trade that they just got in. It was a 2 year lease return with 15,012 miles and it was immaculate. I am a self proclaimed OCD person and this car has certainly been well taken care of. The Car Fax showed that they were the original leasing dealer and all maintenance work was down through them. They gave me what I needed for my trade and then serviced the rear brakes and mounted a new set of tires for the 18" wheels. Nice touch. I made the deal and absolutely love the car. I would like the new updates on the 2022 but this was a way to get the GT2 with my budget limit.
OK...Back to the 18" Wheels...this was leased with the 'Winter Package' and they deleted the 19" staggered set of wheels in favor of the more snow friendly 18 inch option! Well, I was planning on buying set of winter rims anyways so now I will do the opposite and buy some 19" wheels (Staggered as OEM was-8.5 rear and 8 front) and the performance tires for the warm weather months.
*Whew*

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Hello and welcome. Great color choice, that's what I have but mine is an early '18 rwd GT2.

Congrats and enjoy, and if you have any questions, fire away. 👍

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive