Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Stinger GT 2 owner from Jersey

Erock1800

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT 2
Hi everyone. Truly enjoying this car. My previous ride was a 392 Daytona Charger. I was looking at replacing my charger with another one, but it would have been my 3rd in a row. I figured it was time for change. I also have owned Maxima?s and A4?s. Never even considered Kia?s in the past. Although last year I rented a Kia Sorrento for a week and was quite surprised. After seeing a Kia commercial I decided to search YouTube and watched as many videos as I could. Too my surprise every video I watched praised the car. So I went to my local dealership and they had 3 in stock and as I was there a new owner was taking delivery of a yellow GT. Remaining options were a black GT, blue GT2 and the red GT2. I took the blue GT2 for a test drive and was very impressed how well it handled, the quality of the car and the overall looks. I went home, thought some more (50k for a Kia?) and the next day, decided to go for it.

My wife and all my friends...you bought a Kia?! Yes I did. Are you going to debadge it? No! I proudly rock the Kia badge. After taking friends for a ride and letting many of them drive the car they say wow, that?s a nice car! Even my Jersey Shore Mopar club members were shocked but all have been supportive with my decision. So much so that they continue to invite me to all their meets and shows.

My 392 was heavy, loud and raw...loved it. The Stinger is little lighter, quieter and smoother. Two totally different cars. The 392 was a punch in your face when you hammered the gas, the Stinger?s power is linear. With the AWD I?m able to put the power down instantly off the line. Unlike the 392 as I would be spinning wheels. I have raced a 2017 Mustang GT and edged him out, a Infiniti Q60 edge him out too and a Charger 392. The 392 I beat easy 2 car lengths. But at a roll from 50 he beat me. Having a blast surprising people as they see the Stinger?s tail lights.

Mods to date:
Tint (5%)
Rear roof wrap

Future mods:
Exhaust, K&N Intake, Race Chip

A few pics... 03D4F03E-B1C3-4BAB-A2E0-CEAD540235E7.jpg

Attachments

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States