Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New owner - 2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD (White with red interior)

ArdyA

Reactions
City
Dunkirk
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Never thought Kia would make such a nice car! I want to do some safe and solid mods so it'll make more power... I did notice the car gives off a lot of heat when I got home from the dealership and parked it in the garage... it took several hours for it to cool down and I drove it very conservatively on my way home. Also, I just ordered clear bra protection to keep it from getting chips, etc. I did read about some folks having issues with warped rotors, loose hatch and warning light, etc... wasn't sure if those issues were with the 2018 model year and have ben worked out of the 2019's...

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations. Great minds think alike on that color combo! My car holds heat too, I think it's just the way new car engine bays are designed. Make sure you do a good brake bed in procedure, hopefully Kia rectified the brake pad situation. Let us know if you have noise from the hatch, there are plenty of quick cheap (or free) fixes.

OP
ArdyA

ArdyA

Reactions
City
Dunkirk
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #3
Hi There!

Thank you for your feedback... what is a good brake bed in procedure?

Thanks,

Ardy

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
You have to remember there are two turbos under the hood producing heat along with the engine itself. Something that I do when I get home, after I pull my car into the garage is I open my hood to release the heat so my engine bay doesn't cook all the plastic, rubber plus it cools down faster. I learned this living here in Arizona, I'm telling you it will save your engine bay in the long run. I know of a lot of people here in Arizona that do this. New cars are designed to run warm.
I did notice the car gives off a lot of heat when I got home from the dealership and parked it in the garage... it took several hours for it to cool down

OP
ArdyA

ArdyA

Reactions
City
Dunkirk
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD
Thread Starter #6
You have to remember there are two turbos under the hood producing heat along with the engine itself. Something that I do when I get home, after I pull my car into the garage is I open my hood to release the heat so my engine bay doesn't cook all the plastic, rubber plus it cools down faster. I learned this living here in Arizona, I'm telling you it will save your engine bay in the long run. I know of a lot of people here in Arizona that do this. New cars are designed to run warm.
Thank you for your insight... I had a 2014 GT-R Track Edition that was also a V-6 Twin Turbo and I never noticed as much heat and I ran that a lot harder... maybe a difference in the two cars... thanks much!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations.

Main difference between the Stinger and the GTR is that the Stinger is a GDi and the GTR is port injected. GDi engine tend to run hotter than port injection engines.

OP
ArdyA

ArdyA

Reactions
City
Dunkirk
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT RWD