Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New NY Stinger Owner -

Vindigo75

Reactions
HI All, James here....Just grabbed a 19 GT1 AWD Black w/ Red Interior....just wanted to drop a quick intro here before I start asking questions. Looking to grab a JB4 and new plugs as my first foray into modding this gorgeous machine. To confirm - Either re-gap stock or upgrade to performance plugs? Or need I re-gap regardless?

Would the Racechip XLR pedal box also be something to explore? (Kinda new to this, if it isn't already ridiculously obvious)

Any other suggestions welcome!

thx!

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Congrats and welcome!

You'll need to replace the plugs, regapping still didn't work for some.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome and Congrats, pictures?

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
HI All, James here....Just grabbed a 19 GT1 AWD Black w/ Red Interior....just wanted to drop a quick intro here before I start asking questions. Looking to grab a JB4 and new plugs as my first foray into modding this gorgeous machine. To confirm - Either re-gap stock or upgrade to performance plugs? Or need I re-gap regardless?

Would the Racechip XLR pedal box also be something to explore? (Kinda new to this, if it isn't already ridiculously obvious)

Any other suggestions welcome!

thx!
Welcome! I put in the denso plugs with my jb4, works great. I also have the racechip XLR throttle response controller, I run it on S or S+ mode R and R+ are too much with the jb4 lol (for me anyway)

I thought I might sale my XLR when I got the jb4 but still really like the added response from it.

I'm still really new to the jb4... Don't know if you could control throttle response from it, still learning about it but it is the best mod ever:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
OP
V

Vindigo75

Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks gents much appreciated! I only took some hasty snaps when I first got the car, so Ill try to get some decent pictures shortly.
@Chris71 - were you running the XLR alone prior to the JB4 install? If so, what are your thoughts on same. Right now I am looking at a piggyback and some way of tweaking throttle response prior to adding any Bolton hardware beyond what might be needed to run the JB4 etc properly.

Did you re-gap the Denso's prior to installing?

Thanks again!

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I did not regap, they came at .24, I did double check each one.
I've had a throttle controller last three cars, I really like them, was first item I bought, so yes had for months before jb4. It makes an already fun car more fun. I drove on S+ without JB4, once jb4 installed went down one to S mode. I also went into N (off basically) once jb4 installed but even in sport mode I found that S mode was just the right extra response for me. Maybe if u never put it on you would not know better but the difference is pretty good, will be keeping it.

On race mode without JB4 and with traction control (red car for me) I turned right, punched it and lost the rear lol! The top two modes are pretty sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations!

Great choice on the JB4, if you are going that route then you may as well get their pedal commander for a seamless integration.

In the regards to the spark plugs, you need to replace them with either the Densos or the HKS M40iL, recommended gap is 0.22 to 0.24

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congrats

Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country