Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

New Guy Question: Exhaust on new 2022 GT2

Mica

Reactions
City
McKinney
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022StingerGT2
Hello to the group. I have had my new Stinger for a week now in North Dallas. I am loving it! What a vehicle. HiChroma GT2. But I do have a new guy question. I had a C6 Corvette Grand Sports and it had a similar exhaust setup with the butterfly valves. In the vette, there was a circuit breaker you could pulled the would open the butterfly valves all the time. Has any one looked into it for the Stinger..... so that no matter what mode you are in ECO or Sports the valves would be open. The vettes actually had a switch that was aftermarket that was a simple wire-in and you could control when to open the valves or not.
Any way, great website and some good topics going. The GT2 is one fine car. Feels like the old C6, but rides much nicer! and has alot of tech things that are first rate.

Attachments

OP
M

Mica

Reactions
City
McKinney
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022StingerGT2
Thread Starter #2
Okay, after my researching my own question. I have found the fuse that controls the variable exhaust flap actuator for the L/H and R/H side of the Stinger.
The fuse is in the Engine Room Compartment Fuse Panel and is marked as "Sensor 2."
However, unlike the C6 it is not the only item on that fuse. Darn! Seems any thing that is solenoid or actuator control is managed by the Sensor 2 fuse. So the Oil Pressure Solenoid, the oil control valve, electronic thermostat recirculation valve control solenoid, exhaust flap actuator and ...well you get the point. Just too many things controlled to be able to make it an easy way to open the exhaust flap actuator at "your" will.
Anyway it was just a thought on a cool mod. Really enjoying this Stinger. What a car!

Reactions
City
Rockbridge Baths
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia stinger GT1
I’m also curious about this if you could find a way to rewire the solenoid to a different fuse it might be possible.

OP
M

Mica

Reactions
City
McKinney
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022StingerGT2
Thread Starter #4
Yes, sounds like it should be easy. But the wiring would be hard to track and find a place to "break and rewire."
Above my pay grade. Maybe some one smarter in this group could figure it out and come up with a simple way to wire a switch in to the process. I enjoyed the mod a lot in the vette.

Reactions
City
Rockbridge Baths
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Kia stinger GT1
I’m going to look into it I’m an electrical engineer 😂😂😂

OP
M

Mica

Reactions
City
McKinney
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022StingerGT2
Thread Starter #6
Great, hope you can find something. Just surprised that no one else has come up with something like this for the Stinger. Here is a web page for the C6 so you can get a better idea of what I am talking about...
http://www.casperselectronics.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=714
This is just one site I found and not the product I was using for my C6. Its been a few years and I could not find the same site I used back then. Any way... good hunting. Hope you or some one can find a way to do this on the Stinger. :giggle::giggle: