Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

My 2018 Micro Blue GT2 AWD

edifish

Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Glad to be here talking about these cool cars ^.^ This is actually my first "new" (not used) car. I've always been a very value conscious and deliberate consumer especially when it comes to stuff I'm very interested in. like cars and tech. Are you the kind who spends a couple weeks just consuming as much info as you can reading and watching reviews and comparison shopping? Of course you are! I think that's why we all are here. We did the research and the Stinger just couldn't be ignored.

Since mine was a 2018, it was reduced $14000 from MSRP. It was the exterior/interior color I liked and the GT2 AWD trim/option which was also what I was looking for. I did have to fly from LA to Eureka, CA to get the car but the ride home was epic. There were huge redwoods flanking the road at times that made it so dark, the headlights would turn on. Adaptive cruise was a revelation in rush hour traffic going through Oakland. Climbing the mountain passes on I-5 going towards the valley was effortless. And I did it all in eco mode averaging 25 mph! Okay, I've never seen numbers like that since and probably won't until I take another road trip, but it was still cool to see it could do it.

This car just makes so much sense. And while buying a new car almost never does, financially anyway, the extreme value (considering the warranty and huge discount) made it nearly impossible for me to not want to buy it. So I did. So I'm here. Still pinching myself. IMG_20200318_135407.jpg IMG_20200322_161239.jpg IMG_20200318_135428.jpg

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome! Looks great! Just simply putting K&N filters and a catback exhaust will do wonders for the mileage. As long as you can keep your foot out of it.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations car looks great(y)

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
Sweet ride and a great deal on a new car. You will love this car. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations!
Looking good.

OP
edifish

edifish

Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thread Starter #6
Congratulations and welcome! Looks great! Just simply putting K&N filters and a catback exhaust will do wonders for the mileage. As long as you can keep your foot out of it.
Thanks! Definitely want to open up the airflow in/out. Good to know that it can improve mpgs as well. Win win ^.^

And thanks to everyone for the greetings!