Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MoTeC Plugin ECU

PTAus

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Many Different Models
Hi Guys,
I just thought I would tell you all about a project that we have been working on here at Powertune Australia for the past few weeks that may excite a few of you!!
We have developed a plugin ecu solution for those wanting to move away from the factory ecu, and in to something aftermarket and fully tunable.
The MoTeC M142 ECU is MoTeCs solenoid direct injection ECU, and offers complete control over the engine.
We have completed the full CAN integration of this ECU, meaning that you retain all of the creature comforts normally lost when upgrading ECU.
For more information, feel free to head over to our facebook page, and send us a message if there is anything else you would like to know.

Cheers!

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Hi Guys,
I just thought I would tell you all about a project that we have been working on here at Powertune Australia for the past few weeks that may excite a few of you!!
We have developed a plugin ecu solution for those wanting to move away from the factory ecu, and in to something aftermarket and fully tunable.
The MoTeC M142 ECU is MoTeCs solenoid direct injection ECU, and offers complete control over the engine.
We have completed the full CAN integration of this ECU, meaning that you retain all of the creature comforts normally lost when upgrading ECU.
For more information, feel free to head over to our facebook page, and send us a message if there is anything else you would like to know.

Cheers!
I’m in, you guys make outstanding stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
As fyi...we are all wanting the ability to change drive mode default, I want mine to stay in custom instead of comfort when I start up. If anyway this can be accomplished that would be nice.

OP
P

PTAus

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Many Different Models
Thread Starter #4
That is certainly a function that i can write into the ECU.

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
U got 47 comments on the stinger FB group post that was shared earlier, nice! Already started a group buy thread!

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
how much us dollars

OP
P

PTAus

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Many Different Models
Thread Starter #7
With the current exchange rate, the price works out to be around $5200USD.
This includes; ECU, Plugin loom, Wideband Module, Base Map - Everything to just plugin and start the car.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
pretty steep..if you dropped the price 50% id bet your sales/profit over a 5 year span would triple if not quadruple,
I also don't know how much you've put into r&d or what the cost is per unit on your end so my opinion might not be spot on.

OP
P

PTAus

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Many Different Models
Thread Starter #9
Its not the ECU for everyone, we understand that.
The flexibility and functionality are far beyond what you can achieve with the factory ecu, along with the logging as well.

For the equipment you get in this kit, its actually relatively cheap.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Very nice guys. Something that will take te platform to a whole new level and the Stinger community will definitely benefit from.

Like you said, it is not for everyone, but definitely a step in the right direction. Thanks for making this @PTAus hopefully it becomes more accesible over time.

tiguy99

Reactions
City
Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
99 RX300
The Stinger has enough potential to reach Supra Status especially with mods like these!

Definitely on my list of mods when I get my Stinger!

Reactions
City
Belo Horizonte
State
Non-US
Country
Brazil
What I Drive
Golf 2018
Its not the ECU for everyone, we understand that.
The flexibility and functionality are far beyond what you can achieve with the factory ecu, along with the logging as well.

For the equipment you get in this kit, its actually relatively cheap.

Hi, you cold post some pics of this unit completly installed in the car an also some graphs of the base tunes for stock cars and for fully exhausted with intakes. Thank you.