Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

MBRP Catback

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Any fellow Stinger owners in the Sierra Vista, Tucson, Phoenix area running the MBRP Catback system?
I'd like to compare notes!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Hi Kevin, how are things going over their, i will be down in Tucson on the 5th of January for IFO. It's at the drag strip, did you get the MBRP exhaust.

OP
S
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Hi Kevin, how are things going over their, i will be down in Tucson on the 5th of January for IFO. It's at the drag strip, did you get the MBRP exhaust.
Hey Jeff! Things are going pretty well. I did get the MBRP but do not plan on keeping it. It is too loud for my taste. So I will be putting the OEM back on. I will have to check out the IFO and see about coming up there for that.

Sabs

Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 GT2 RWD Ceramic/Red
Interesting... I kept hearing the MBRP was one of the quieter ones. I wonder if the stainless version is any different.

On a scale of 1-10, where 1 is factory exhaust and 10 is the loudest exhaust you've heard, how noisy is it when you're not getting on it? Is cruising and idle loud, or just too loud under throttle?

We should get another Arizona meet going one of these days. I've been going to Tucson C&C but haven't seen any other Stingers there. Not sure if I'm going this Saturday or not.

OP
S
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
When not getting on it... it isn't bad at all.. but up around 80 MPH it starts to get a little louder than I like. But trust me.. I like my exhausts on the quiet side. When you are on this exhaust it sounds great. Where I don't like it is low RPM just off idle up to say 2500 RPM. It is too raspy... and with the automatic the way it shifts under light throttle you just jump right in that exhaust range repeatedly for about 4 shifts. So the car sort of has a Waaaa, Waaaa, Waaa, sound. Hard to explain. But for $400 it is worth a chance for someone to try it.

Sabs

Reactions
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 GT2 RWD Ceramic/Red
Thanks for the review. It makes sense that manufacturers wouldn't bother making an all-new exhaust that is barely louder than stock. I guess bimodal would still be my first choice. I too like to keep it as quiet as possible for freeway driving.

Plenty of people are looking for a louder exhaust, and $400 is a steal. Good luck finding a buyer. I would try the other forum, plus the Facebook buy/sell group.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
My stock to MBRP cold start video

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

dks209

Reactions
City
Spanish Fork
State
UT
Country
United States
What I Drive
'19 Stinger GT2 AWD
@CKeeler Great video! Thanks for posting!