Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Kia Stinger Receives First-ever J.D. Power Engineering Award For Highest Rated All-New Vehicle

Kia Stinger News

Staff Member
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
South Korea

After ushering in a dynamic new era for Kia Motors, the 2018 Stinger sportback has been awarded the first-ever J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated All-New Vehicle. Based on combined consumer evaluations included in the J.D. Power Initial Quality SM and APEALSM Studies, Kia is the first OEM to be recognized by J.D. Power for delivering the highest-rated new entry into the market for a model year.

"The Stinger is the result of years of hard work and dedication from the industry's top designers and engineers. We turned what was once considered a dream car into a startling and enthralling new reality," said Michael Cole, chief operating officer & EVP, Kia Motors America. "Being the first auto manufacturer to receive this prestigious award from J.D. Power, an organization known for excellence in research, is a true testament to Kia's 'Give It Everything' philosophy."

The J.D. Power Engineering Award for Highest-Rated All-New Vehicle combines the results of two well-known J.D. Power studies, the Initial Quality Study (IQS) which measures new-vehicle quality by the number of problems experienced per 100 vehicles (PP100) as reported by consumers during the first 90 days of ownership; and the J.D. Power Automotive Performance, Execution and Layout (APEAL) award, which measures new-vehicle owners' overall satisfaction with their vehicles within the first 90 days of ownership. Categories evaluated include exterior, interior, storage, audio, seats, heating and ventilation, driving dynamics, powertrain, visibility, and fuel economy.

"This is the first time J.D. Power has analyzed customer data in order to identify a remarkable achievement by a vehicle development team," said Doug Betts, senior vice president of global automotive at J.D. Power. "This is feedback on both the quality and the performance of the vehicle taken straight from the owners of the vehicle. What we are seeing is a team of designers, R&D engineers and a manufacturing team that are working very effectively together to launch something quite exceptional."

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Very nice! Still earning awards[thumb]

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions