Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Just made appointment w dealer squeaky noise

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
The weather finally became nice out so opened my windows and realized a squeaky noise coming from the left side. Goes away when I press on the brakes. Got a feeling brakes are rubbing
Any thoughts ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
The weather finally became nice out so opened my windows and realized a squeaky noise coming from the left side. Goes away when I press on the brakes. Got a feeling brakes are rubbing
Any thoughts ??

Sounds about right

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Were the brake discs covered by rust before driving?

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Not sure . So when I just got the car I thought I heard a squeaky noise but it was cold windows were closed and music was on . Kinda let it go thought I was being overly anal about noises here and there. But one month later and great weather w windows open easily hear the noise .

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
Not sure . So when I just got the car I thought I heard a squeaky noise but it was cold windows were closed and music was on . Kinda let it go thought I was being overly anal about noises here and there. But one month later and great weather w windows open easily hear the noise .

How many miles? My mini cooper did this and turned out the brakes were shot

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #6
It’s been doing it since day one
I took it to the dealer they said nothing wrong w anything . Now I’m at 10K miles still hear it .
It almost sounds like birds chirping far away or medium pitched squeaky noise not that loud.
Brakes have been working fine till now it got frustrating because they kept saying they don’t hear anything but other people can tell lol

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Have them turn your rotors, there's a big thread on brake noise on this forum.

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
Have them turn your rotors, there's a big thread on brake noise on this forum.
Thanks
“ attention break noise warranty “ thread ?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
While I was traveling from Phoenix to Missoula I was using cruise control and was loving the automatic slow/speed function, but when the car would slow down I would get a squeal from what appears to be the drivers side rear wheel. Maybe it's the amount of consistent pressure applied by the car that did it? I also had a rattle that was coming from the passenger side exhaust heat shield. Heat shield fixed, but squeal isn't repeatable when I brake.