Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Just got 2020 AWD GT

Reactions
City
Duluth
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT AWD
Just got my AWD GT a few days ago--great car.Smart mode seems perfect.Car is bullet fast and stable-I like big stable cars.I plan on entering the car at some point in the silver state classic.Anyone know if the car can do its 167 mph for 60 to 90 miles? Also what mods can be done for the best bang for the buck without voiding the warranty.I know there are plenty of videos of these running on the autobahn--but germany has much cooler weather overall.I know the bimmer twin turbos have gone into limp mode during this event..The engine feels capable of keeping the speed up once there. Only issue I noticed is the digital gas meter is not resetting during a fill up--it is staying at the miles it was before fill up, not a big deal but I am a reliability person.Just traded my honda crosstour Type R--10 years--never a problem and got a great deal on trading it in.The honda was made with the intention of running in the classic--and had no turbos--but its top speed was only in the low 150s.Thanks Folks

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome & congratulations, I don't believe you can sustain that speed for 60 to 90 miles. One of the main problems you will have is heat soak from the intercooler. Just 3 or 4 runs on a Dyno it will get heat soak plus you would need to make the car breath better with Intakes, Mid Pipes & Catback Exhaust.
You would need to install a Oil Catch Cans & run HKS spark plugs as well, if you're going to be cornering during that race you need to install ATQ Chassis Collars, Eibach Sway Bars, Chassis Bracing & coilovers. You need to remember this is not a race car, It sounds like your type R was built to run that race. Good luck with your venture & keep us up to date with everything.

Post some pictures when you get a chance..

Reactions
City
Hurstbourne
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT-Elite
If you really want to go 167 MPH, you bought the wrong car. Unless your AWD GT is Aft Wheel Drive . . .

Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
2020 GT AWD = 149 mph
(2019 GT AWD w/All Season Tires = 130 mph)
-------------------------------------------------------
Untitled.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------

That said, not sure 24 min to 36 min at it's top speed of 149 mph would be recommeneded.

Not just for our Stinger GT, but for almost any car.