Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Just bought the car of my dreams, now what do I do with these keys?!

Sono81

Reactions
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
TSX 07
PXL_20210223_201315551.jpg
Absolutely love my Stinger, but I've collected alot of key trinkets over the years, I dont want to put them on the sexy fob....What do your keys look like???

Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Absolutely love my Stinger, but I've collected alot of key trinkets over the years, I dont want to put them on the sexy fob....What do your keys look like???
I have a ring attached to the bottom of the fob and it's serviceable. Kia kinda set you up for disapointment as it's really inelegant to use a ring or carabiner with the fob...alas.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Just do what I did, put your keys & trinkets on a separate ring an put that in your other pocket..

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Hmmm....I never really had an issue wth that, but I will admit to limiting it to just my whale shark (which the front end of the Stinger sorta resembles) and the leather wrist strap. Of course I'm also stuck with the remote start fob also.

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Hmmm....I never really had an issue wth that, but I will admit to limiting it to just my whale shark (which the front end of the Stinger sorta resembles) and the leather wrist strap. Of course I'm also stuck with the remote start fob also.
You do know you don't need to carry the starter fob, just use your main fob to start the car.. Hit the lock button once then the trunk button twice..

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
You do know you don't need to carry the starter fob, just use your main fob to start the car.. Hit the lock button once then the trunk button twice..
I've never been able to get it to work... also, this way I save the battery in the main fob and supposedly the dedicated one has a greater range.

OP
S

Sono81

Reactions
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
TSX 07
Thread Starter #7
OP
S

Sono81

Reactions
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
TSX 07
Thread Starter #8
I didn't get a starter fob one night bought my Kia.