Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

JB4 Map 1 Major Bog during acceleration...

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Hello

I was doing a run from 0 - 60 using launch mode, and when the car shifted into 2nd @ 5000 rpm it went to limp mode big time... car just stalled suddenly like it was just shut down... went back to normal a few seconds later and was just cruising. Still running stock plugs until the new ones arrive... could that of caused this or over boosting setting of limp mode? thanks!

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
I've had that happen a few times and usually it's traction related, like hitting a bump in the road or there's a slight dip. With the pedal floored, the ECU cuts power and it causes a major bog. Me personally, I wouldn't worry about it, if it didn't throw a code. But, if you're concerned, you can always pull up the log from that run and have Terry or one of the experts take a look at it on the jb4 board.

OP
Nightshifter
Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Thread Starter #3
I've had that happen a few times and usually it's traction related, like hitting a bump in the road or there's a slight dip. With the pedal floored, the ECU cuts power and it causes a major bog. Me personally, I wouldn't worry about it, if it didn't throw a code. But, if you're concerned, you can always pull up the log from that run and have Terry or one of the experts take a look at it on the jb4 board.
Yeah traction control was on... forgot about that :D that could of been it... right when shifting from 1st to 2nd... no code was thrown... I heard that the car will do this even if traction control is off and stability control sometimes ? Yeah when I was testing on the freeway doing some pulls... I was going +3-4 psi over stock on Map 1 and it pulled smooth and hard... shifting no problems... the road wasn't that great I was doing a test from the dig though... a lot of fixed potholes ... easy for the tires to break lose!

Last edited: