Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Issue with adding amp

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
So I tried adding alpine ktp 445u amp. But according to the installer it would cut off after playing for a few seconds. So didn’t end up installing it. He said he tried to install it before and after the factory amp but it didn’t workout .
Any idea what my options are I’m just looking to power the aftermarket speakers I had added a few days ago . The sound is more crisp but volume overall has gone down :/ so thought amp might do the trick . It’s a tiny alpine 45x4 amp .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
I saved these photos that was shared by another member here. Basically you can tap the signal from the speaker wires connect to the car's amp. Make sure he's tapping into the right wires.

41899833804_1fd9cf4816_o.jpg 41899833994_9eca1c0a69_o.jpg 41899832504_4225b036c2_o.jpg 42617907141_e5798c9e5e_o.jpg 42617907061_e881a7f4e7_o.jpg

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thanks DS really appreciate it
That’s kinda what he said that he tapped into the wires coming out of the amp . I just texted him w the thread let’s see what he says .

Cool let me know how it goes. Post up some pictures of your system when its done, love to see some pics.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Following for photos :)

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I’ve been highly considering upgrading the audio. Following...

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #8
I’ve been highly considering upgrading the audio. Following...
Will update when I reach somewhere will keep trying for the next few weeks

OP
P
Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
Thread Starter #9
Project on hold for now will restart in July/August
New project in exhaust thread lol

Emeza

Reactions
So I tried adding alpine ktp 445u amp. But according to the installer it would cut off after playing for a few seconds. So didn’t end up installing it. He said he tried to install it before and after the factory amp but it didn’t workout .
Any idea what my options are I’m just looking to power the aftermarket speakers I had added a few days ago . The sound is more crisp but volume overall has gone down :/ so thought amp might do the trick . It’s a tiny alpine 45x4 amp .

I had a quick question. I am new to the Kia Stinger. I am also looking to upgrade the system. what size speakers are in the doors?
and what speakers did you end up going with?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2