Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Is it possible to access the UVO Engineering Mode in the Stinger?

K8AR

Reactions
State
AR
Country
United States
Anyone been able to access the UVO Engineering Mode in the Stinger?

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
I’d assume it’s similar to other Kia’s. What are you hoping to unlock or tweak?

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Not yet on the Stinger.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
Since we're on this subject.... Is the UVO anything more than voice controls?

Koreandude

Reactions
We bought a used 2016 Sorento EX-T last Oct. Downloaded the UVO app and couldn't get it to work. Seemed pretty underwhelming.

Now that I own a 2019 Stinger GT, I haven't even bothered with UVO. Am I missing out on anything? The standard radio infotainment and Android Auto functions do work really well and have kept me busy.

Issemann

Reactions
I'm interested to know as well. After two days of using the app, it appears I can't use it to locate my vehicle. (is that correct, or am I just a dummy?)

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
It’s dumb. Don’t even bother with it. Americans got screwed with the UVO app. There are other features other countries get that the US doesn’t.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
In Canada the UVO app for the stinger is great.

Can remote start, set the HVAC temperature, turn on the heated steering wheel and rear defrost..
Even has multiple profiles for the remote starting.

Sends a reminder notification approx 30 seconds after you walk away from the car if you forget to lock the doors.
Can locate the car - not sure why you would need this - maybe if you loose your car or it gets stolen?

mfenske

Reactions
I was able to get it.....buuuut I couldn't really figure out how to do anything. I'd like to defeat the initial screen warning, battery discharge warning, and probably a few other things I can't think of at the moment.

T1tr

Reactions
City
Etobicoke
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Thunder Grey tinger GT limited
Why doesn't the UVO turn on your heated seats?

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 RWD White
TBH, I don't even know what the UVO is or does. I've looked through the features and couldn't figure anything out so I forgot about it. I know that my $50K car doesn't have remote start let alone allow me to lock or unlock my car from my phone. My daughter had an Elantra and she unlocked her car from Mexico so I could put her plates on it.

Reactions
City
Troivierges
State
CO
Country
Luxembourg
What I Drive
kia stinger 2.2 crdi 2019
Hi, I'm new here on the forum. i'm from luxembourg i have a problem with my kia stinger 2.2 i unlocked the android system in infotainment through Engineering Mode so far so good without any problems, then i tried to activate videos in progress without blocking and when i activated an option my The touch screen stopped working and the kia system no longer started, it was like a tablet completely, the buttons work fine, only the touch screen does not work. I already did the reset on the small button and nothing. Can someone help me with what I need to do to get back to the original settings in Engineering Mode?

evorge

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Sportage
Hi, I've got a 2019 sportage. I was recently re-updating the UVO system with the installed SD card since Apple Carplay was giving me issues again. The update crashed and I ended up getting this error message "press enter any key got FASTBOOT_MODE" have y'all had any luck getting into the system with a usb keyboard to reboot it?
I tried my keyboard in the usb port under the screen but it did not respond. That keyboard lights up so I plan to borrow a basic one and try again, as well as do a hard reset of the electronics of the car by disconnecting the battery.
Do y'all have any ideas or know references that may help?
I've a looked over the kia owner forums and the only other instance I've found of someone receiving this message it resolved itself for them
Thanks
IMG_7092.jpg