Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people would still recommend a Stinger to a friend or family member?

How many people would still recommend a Stinger to a friend or family member?

• Yes

Votes: 32 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
With all the problems some of us went through...from paint chips, build quality issues, recalls to TSB's. How many would still recommend the Stinger to a friend or family?

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
With all the problems some of us went through...from paint chips, build quality issues, recalls to TSB's. How many would still recommend the Stinger to a friend or family?
There is no single brand immune to recalls nowadays. I get inside information on one of the Japanese brands and it's laden with recalls regardless of the brand image. The recalls you don't hear nor see are because you don't own a vehicle from those brands. Be thankful that there are recalls and TSBs, they show that the manufacturer still has some care with the products and the customers.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Personally no, but only because I don't want someone I know or someone in my family to have the same car as me.

I would absolutely recommend one to a stranger, though. My only complaint still remains the gas mileage, but, I always make it clear to people that it's only so bad because I live close to work and do lots of stop and go driving.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Absolutely Yes!!...Matter of fact two of my friends and my brother got one after convincing them to drive one.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Absolutely. Problem is, everyone I know either just got a new car or isn’t in the market to get one. I’m always singing it’s praises to anyone who asks

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
worst car ever, repaint took 2month, 3month dealing with shitty dealer to redo my paint protection under warranty and they wont
now my engine was leaking coolant but stop but engine get overheating to max in 300meter distant , engine off wait 30sec and drove off and the cycle repeat, worst shit ever.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
I for sure would, been very happy with the Stinger

worst car ever, repaint took 2month, 3month dealing with shitty dealer to redo my paint protection under warranty and they wont
now my engine was leaking coolant but stop but engine get overheating to max in 300meter distant , engine off wait 30sec and drove off and the cycle repeat, worst shit ever.
Sorry to hear about your woes [MENTION=672]THT[/MENTION]. Do they have lemon laws in Australia?

THT

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
we dont.

Reactions
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
E46, ZE132, C6Z06, Z34, GSX30, CKGT
Sounds like air bubbles in the cooling system. Easily fixed. Something in the cooling system was probably removed and was reinstalled incorrectly.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
100% hell yes

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Yes, no issues here so far.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Every chance I get I tell people to consider the Stinger

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I definitely would if the family member was car enthusiast. Otherwise it would depend on what's important to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
I do

Scottym464

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
I love mine. I picked it up on 7/31 and it still has less than 4000 miles. I'm looking into new intake replacement. They look pretty cool!

Reactions
City
Needham
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
21 Miata club (me), 19 GT1 (wife)
Personally no, but only because I don't want someone I know or someone in my family to have the same car as me.

I would absolutely recommend one to a stranger, though. My only complaint still remains the gas mileage, but, I always make it clear to people that it's only so bad because I live close to work and do lots of stop and go driving.
It's a super heavy car and the mileage is bad. I had a 06 G35 coupe that got 23mpg a 15 GTI got 28mpg and now I'm lucky to get 19. Love the car but the mileage is not a high point

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
It's a super heavy car and the mileage is bad. I had a 06 G35 coupe that got 23mpg a 15 GTI got 28mpg and now I'm lucky to get 19. Love the car but the mileage is not a high point
I'm get 24 to 25 mpg in the city, do you drive in comfort or sport, or are you heavy on the throttle? I'm driving in ECO until I need the other modes.

Everybody says the car is heavy but you all know that the Stinger is only a 150lbs heavier then the GTR R35.

Reactions
State
MD
Country
United States
I'm get 24 to 25 mpg in the city, do you drive in comfort or sport, or are you heavy on the throttle? I'm driving in ECO until I need the other modes.

Everybody says the car is heavy but you all know that the Stinger is only a 150lbs heavier then the GTR R35.
I’m not who you asked to respond, but I drive to work on some days and take the subway on others. When I drive in, the best I’ve gotten even in ECO mode and purposely light driving is 19MPG, and I get 17 to 18 more often. Granted this is in rush hour, but I do think that this car’s only real weakness is its MPG. On the other hand, like the person who noted this issue, I too had a G35, and it’s mileage was even worse at the time on the same commute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk