Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

How many people put down a deposit on a Kia Stinger?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
I've got a GT Limited , Thunder Gray ,with Black Nappa interior on order , $1000 deposit , and will be putting Hi Perf AS tires on to replace whatever it comes with ( assuming their going to be summer tires )

KShock

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
I've got a GT Limited , Thunder Gray ,with Black Nappa interior on order , $1000 deposit , and will be putting Hi Perf AS tires on to replace whatever it comes with ( assuming their going to be summer tires )
Hey, [MENTION=130]westcoastGT[/MENTION]!

I don?t remember from the conversation at the other forum, did your dealer insist on the $5000 down? Did you do the ?give us a check to show Kia you?re serious? bit? I couldn?t get my dealer to budge without writing the check. From what he showed me, it looked like he had no choice in the matter.

Tires are probably going to be Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. I have that from several sources.

Sounds like we might end up getting identical cars. Do you have any plans for aftermarket mods, tuning, or exterior work (wraps, etc)?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento

I don?t remember from the conversation at the other forum, did your dealer insist on the $5000 down? Did you do the ?give us a check to show Kia you?re serious? bit? I couldn?t get my dealer to budge without writing the check. From what he showed me, it looked like he had no choice in the matter.

Tires are probably going to be Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. I have that from several sources.

Sounds like we might end up getting identical cars. Do you have any plans for aftermarket mods, tuning, or exterior work (wraps, etc)?
They were very cool about it , I wrote the cheque for $5K they took a pic of it and sent it to Kia with my order , then they gave it back to me and I ripped it up and gave them $1000 cash . On the tire issue I know they were testing HP AS tires as well , I'm prepared to buy new rubber because those PS 4S have 0 traction and control on ice or snow . The Conti DWS work great all year so Im ready to order a set from Tire Rack when my dealer confirms which tires are stock . As for modding , I have the E badge and the rear Stinger badge ready to go , I'll either delete the wheel cap branding or order the E set up when some OEM options come available . I will see what the exterior looks like but likely will paint the roof gloss black and may vinyl some trim bits . I doubt I'll doing any tuning mods ( unless I'm not happy with the exhaust note )

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento

They were very cool about it , I wrote the cheque for $5K they took a pic of it and sent it to Kia with my order , then they gave it back to me and I ripped it up and gave them $1000 cash . On the tire issue I know they were testing HP AS tires as well , I'm prepared to buy new rubber because those PS 4S have 0 traction and control on ice or snow . The Conti DWS work great all year so Im ready to order a set from Tire Rack when my dealer confirms which tires are stock . As for modding , I have the E badge and the rear Stinger badge ready to go , I'll either delete the wheel cap branding or order the E set up when some OEM options come available . I will see what the exterior looks like but likely will paint the roof gloss black and may vinyl some trim bits . I doubt I'll doing any tuning mods ( unless I'm not happy with the exhaust note )

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Subaru WRX 2004
Just a heads up our Vehicles down here started being supplied to the early comers week commencing 9/10/17 (10/9/17 US). This was the first batch. Next I believe is latish November?

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Just a heads up our Vehicles down here started being supplied to the early comers week commencing 9/10/17 (10/9/17 US). This was the first batch. Next I believe is latish November?
Were you part of the early group?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Subaru WRX 2004
I believe im part of the third shipment. I ordered mine in August. Of course there could be delay, i think they're hinting Jan/ Feb. I hope not.

Johndean

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Picking up a GT on Monday. Can?t wait.

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Congratulations [MENTION=182]Johndean[/MENTION][cheers]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Picking up a GT on Monday. Can?t wait.

[MENTION=182]Johndean[/MENTION]
How did the pickup go? Are you enjoying it too much to share pictures? lol[driving]

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
How did the pickup go? Are you enjoying it too much to share pictures? lol[driving]
+1 on this. Interested in your impressions as well.

Johndean

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
Hi the pickup went well. I got a pearl white GT. It drives very well. The big thing I noticed is that there are many settings and options you need to set. For the most part it has taken me about 3 days to get it how I want it. The sound system is amazing especially the DAB radio. It remembers if you are using bluetooth and starts again where you left off. My previous car did not do that. Also the GPS is great and you can set the zoom level (200m in my case) and it keeps that setting. My old car always defaulted to 100m at the start and then after about 10 seconds. All in all very happy. Auto hold is a good feature if you are stopped at the lights. you can take your foot off the brake and it does not roll forward.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Congratulations! How's the throttle response...any turbo lag issues? Have you played around with launch control yet? Did the sales person discuss any engine break-in requirements?

Hi the pickup went well. I got a pearl white GT. It drives very well. The big thing I noticed is that there are many settings and options you need to set. For the most part it has taken me about 3 days to get it how I want it. The sound system is amazing especially the DAB radio. It remembers if you are using bluetooth and starts again where you left off. My previous car did not do that. Also the GPS is great and you can set the zoom level (200m in my case) and it keeps that setting. My old car always defaulted to 100m at the start and then after about 10 seconds. All in all very happy. Auto hold is a good feature if you are stopped at the lights. you can take your foot off the brake and it does not roll forward.

Johndean

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
My experience to date is that it sets you back in your seat and feels powerful. Not used the launch control. Will need to find a quiet spot to do that. They advised not to use it unless the engine is fully warm. No special run in instructions other than vary the speed for the first 3000 km which is the first service.

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
My experience to date is that it sets you back in your seat and feels powerful. Not used the launch control. Will need to find a quiet spot to do that. They advised not to use it unless the engine is fully warm. No special run in instructions other than vary the speed for the first 3000 km which is the first service.
That's what I like to hear, can't wait until it arrives here in the states.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Thanks for the follow-up, glad to hear that everything went smoothly and you're enjoying car.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Any update on your Stinger delivery?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2017 Sorento
A quick update I saw the exact car I have on order in the dealers showroom and I didnt like the darker Gray so I changed my order to White , 2nd choice is the Ghost Gray ..............

Last edited: