Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hi there I'm dave iv had my stinger for 4 months now and I'm very pleased with but battery goes flat

Dave59

Reactions
City
Dunstable
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia stinger 3.3lt gts
Hi its great to read threads that stinger owners put on here and answers many problems on the car in general and helps a lot. I have a problem with the battery if I don't drive the car for around 3 days or more the battery goes flat and it a pain so bought new battery and that went flat in 3 days so I charged both batteries and both good but now when one goes flat I change the battery but its getting me down not just wondering if any one els is have the same problem?

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hi its great to read threads that stinger owners put on here and answers many problems on the car in general and helps a lot. I have a problem with the battery if I don't drive the car for around 3 days or more the battery goes flat and it a pain so bought new battery and that went flat in 3 days so I charged both batteries and both good but now when one goes flat I change the battery but its getting me down not just wondering if any one els is have the same problem?
How often do you drive the car? And for how long? Battery in mine wasn’t very strong for the first few weeks of driving mine but after that I’ve had zero problems being able to leave it sitting for a few days at a time.

OP
Dave59

Dave59

Reactions
City
Dunstable
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia stinger 3.3lt gts
Thread Starter #3
That's probably the problem 2-3 times a week and not far some times once a week and now the weather hear is getting colder so nead to drive more

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
If you don’t drive it very often, get a battery tender to make sure you have no problems when you go to drive it next time.
I had this one for years before it finally but the dust. Battery Tender Plus Charger and Maintainer: 12V, 1.25 Amp Powersport Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, and More - Smart 12 Volt Automatic Float Chargers by Deltran - 021-0128 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068XCQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_4.xVFbT43DSJX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions
City
La Vergne
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT Indigo Edition
something is either draining for sure since it is doing that on both batteries. Our stinger has sat for over a week and not a hint of battery getting weak!!

OP
Dave59

Dave59

Reactions
City
Dunstable
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia stinger 3.3lt gts
Thread Starter #6
If you don’t drive it very often, get a battery tender to make sure you have no problems when you go to drive it next time.
I had this one for years before it finally but the dust. Battery Tender Plus Charger and Maintainer: 12V, 1.25 Amp Powersport Battery Charger and Maintainer for Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, and More - Smart 12 Volt Automatic Float Chargers by Deltran - 021-0128 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068XCQU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_4.xVFbT43DSJX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
So do you remove the battery from the car or just put battery charger straight to the car?

OP
Dave59

Dave59

Reactions
City
Dunstable
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia stinger 3.3lt gts
Thread Starter #7
something is either draining for sure since it is doing that on both batteries. Our stinger has sat for over a week and not a hint of battery getting weak!!
Yes my last car was similar but lasted a week easy I nead to get it checked it goes in for it service so will have it checked then

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
So do you remove the battery from the car or just put battery charger straight to the car?
You don't have to remove the battery, just connect a trickle charger to the battery an leave it for a day or two. You should be able to leave your car sitting for a month & it should still start.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
One thing I recently learned about, do you leave your key close to the car?
My friends brother works for a dealership and they have people come in all the time with dead batteries because the key to the car is left on a wall near the car. At that point the key is communicating with the car the whole time.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
The one time I used it on my Stinger I left the hatch open and had the charger in the trunk. The interior lights eventually went off by themselves.
if you leave your Stinger outside or have the possibility of animals in your garage that might not be an option

OP
Dave59

Dave59

Reactions
City
Dunstable
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia stinger 3.3lt gts
Thread Starter #11
Hi yes iv heard that. No my key goes in a signal breaker box and at the back of the house so no chance of connecting to each other but very good point thanks

OP
Dave59

Dave59

Reactions
City
Dunstable
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia stinger 3.3lt gts
Thread Starter #12
The one time I used it on my Stinger I left the hatch open and had the charger in the trunk. The interior lights eventually went off by themselves.
if you leave your Stinger outside or have the possibility of animals in your garage that might not be an option
I wish I had a garage. The car stays on the drive so would have to shut hatch when left a lone.