Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Hello from Canada

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Hi All,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I still don't own a Stinger, but looking to buy one in April.
This will be my daily driver replacing the (POS) Chevy Cruze. My track car is a 2014 Z/28 so I don't plan to track the Stinger very much :)
I would love to get some feedback from current owners who've had it for a bit as to how they like it.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
[welcome] Can't comment on ownership as I do not own one but good decision going with the Z/28. I test drove one for an hour or so and liked it. Enjoy the forum!

OP
S

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #3
Thanks. I do love my Z/28. Not really a daily driver though especially here in Canada :)

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Thanks. I do love my Z/28. Not really a daily driver though especially here in Canada :)
That makes the days you can drive it even better lol question, have you been down to Sturgis, SD for the Camaro Rally? I usually see a fair amount of Canadian plates there.

Reactions
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'05 Pontiac GTO
I would love to get some feedback from current owners who've had it for a bit as to how they like it.
Have you driven one? Mine is only a week old and 500 miles, but so far it's perfect. No problems, everything works, tight, solid, no complaints.

OP
S

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #8
Thanks

OP
S

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #9
No, haven't had a chance yet. Saw it at the Toronto Auto show and just clicked with it. I was debating between the Stinger and the Regal GS but it's really clear that the Stinger is the better car.
My biggest worry is the quality of the electronics. Once the warranty runs out, those things get expensive. I know the powertrain is solid.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT
Welcome

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
Swrocket, welcome aboard.
I was at the Toronto auto show as well trying out everything from the Germans and Japanese. Loved the Stinger and test drove one the next day and bought it.
Have just over 2000kms on it and it still amazes me from the finishing to the driving. No issues yet. If your worried about the electronics and such you can always get the extended warranty up to 10 years and 200000km that is bumper to bumper minus wear items.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Congrats and welcome

OP
S

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #13
Swrocket, welcome aboard.
I was at the Toronto auto show as well trying out everything from the Germans and Japanese. Loved the Stinger and test drove one the next day and bought it.
Have just over 2000kms on it and it still amazes me from the finishing to the driving. No issues yet. If your worried about the electronics and such you can always get the extended warranty up to 10 years and 200000km that is bumper to bumper minus wear items.
Thanks for the info Kelly. It's very useful.
I love the white, it's the colour I will be ordering as well. Are the side vents black on yours?

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
Welcome aboard

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT Limited
Thanks for the info Kelly. It's very useful.
I love the white, it's the colour I will be ordering as well. Are the side vents black on yours?
They are the dark chrome that comes with the GT Limited.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Acura MDX
Welcome

Reactions
State
NC
Country
United States
Welcome!

I can say for sure you'll have 100000000X more fun in that Stinger than the Cruze lol ;)

-Paul

OP
S

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #19
They are the dark chrome that comes with the GT Limited.
Ah, looks black in the pic and I was hoping it was. That's one of the first mods I plan to do. I'm not a big fan of the dark chrome.

OP
S

swrocket

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Thread Starter #20
Welcome!

I can say for sure you'll have 100000000X more fun in that Stinger than the Cruze lol ;)

-Paul
No doubt! The Cruze really ended up being a POS for some reason. Lesson learned.