Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Has anyone had a steering wheel leather issue and have you got it replaced?

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

My 2018 stinger at first had seemed to worn a bit which didn't bother me the first 2 years but now it's as if the leather or vegan leather or whatever material it is has become slightly discolored on the left hand side and now due to the heated element is cracking. It looks like whenever I use the heated function it makes it worse and age quickly. My parents have a sportage with a heated wheel and the leather seems stronger on it. Has anyone managed to get it replaced by dealer?

I've had zero issues with my car except this which sounds trival but I was wondering if kia would pay for it.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Pics?

OP
S
Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Thread Starter #3
Snapchat-109311892.jpg

OP
S
Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Thread Starter #4
Snapchat-12000233.jpg

OP
S
Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
Thread Starter #5
The second picture you could see the leather or whatever it is vegan etc is scaling which I think is from the heating element. The top photo shows discoloration and wear of the leather itself. I never hold my keys to the wheel while driving it nor do I use any kind of bleach wipes on it. I just think the leather gave out.