Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

greetings from massachusetts

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Looks great in the sun....:cool:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard. Looking good.

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard

Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
Congrats[cheers]

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome

OP
grasso10
Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
Thread Starter #7
IMG_2020_Moment.jpg IMG_1969.JPG InkedIMG_2089_LI.jpg IMG_2088.JPG just got the windows tinted not sure if you can tell ceramic tint all windows except front also k/n filters with front plate relocator and freshly bathed.... busy day but worth it.

Attachments

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Mine is black too, looks great bro!! My windows are at 15%, law in NC is like 35% but easy to find shop to pass the car and cops typically leave u be unless u r dumb enough to go 5% or tint front:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
So you guys can’t go 5% behind the driver? California cars can go as dark as they want as long as it’s behind the driver. Front windows can’t be tinted at all. That doesn’t stop people though

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
Here: again, u can get away with 15% anymore on a car and eventually u will get pulled.
In North Carolina, passenger vehicles must have a VLT of 35% on all windows. ... Truck, SUV, and Vans must have a VLT of 35% on front windows and can have any darkness on the back and rear windows. North Carolina allows reflective tint, however, windows must be no more than 20% reflective. Below is mine...it's dark enough, that's ceramic too! Supper clear:)

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Legally we can’t tint the front at all in California. I’ve had to sign papers from shops saying that I asked for the front to be tinted despite it being illegal.

Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger 2.0T AWD
Welcome to the swarm.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Its illegal here as well in Arizona to have your front window tinted but that doesn't keep people from doing it

Reactions
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
picked her up last month
Intakes look good, u got other plans for you new ride? It's such a great car man... One piece of advice, don't wait, get PPF now, I have 8-10 chips on my hood, paint is thin and u will thank urself if u it done! PPF=paint protection film. I'm gonna have to get a serious paint correction now before I can do it.

OP
grasso10
Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
Thread Starter #16
Here: again, u can get away with 15% anymore on a car and eventually u will get pulled.
In North Carolina, passenger vehicles must have a VLT of 35% on all windows. ... Truck, SUV, and Vans must have a VLT of 35% on front windows and can have any darkness on the back and rear windows. North Carolina allows reflective tint, however, windows must be no more than 20% reflective. Below is mine...it's dark enough, that's ceramic too! Supper clear:)

Does your ceramic change color when in the direct sun?? mine has a blueish tint only when looking out from the inside and only when the sun hits it at certain angles

OP
grasso10
Reactions
City
Lawrence
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
19 stinger gt
Thread Starter #17
Here in mass when u get your inspection sticker they check the tint. Also in the bays where they do the inspection they have cameras watching them.some new crap Massachusetts did so u can’t get away with going to a shop because they all have to have the cameras and updated equipment a lot of the mom and pop shops did away with doing inspection stickers cause of this (plus it cost a bunch just to get it) ..... the back tint we can get away with it being a little darker but not much... and also my next plan for her is to get some new rims and lower her. Don’t like the gap