Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Exhaust Thread

Gilley

Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 GT2
I just installed a thermal R&D - from the audio clips and overall design it seems quite similar to the MBRP, however a little more $ and no X crossover. The Thermal is polished 304 SS
The videos of that exhaust sound awesome. I like the deeper sound. Looks like they take a lot of efforts to eliminate drone. Is there any drone from your perspective?

Reactions
City
pleasant garden
State
NC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 g70 awd 3.3 sport.
I sure wish they made one for the g70, but somehow a g70 site is a Kia stinger site.

Thermal makes great exhaust systems they are engineered exhaust systems. They are not going to have drone.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
I also like the deeper tone. I'd characterize it as very little drone. It's more than stock, but not annoying and only in one condition I've observed - about 1700rpm on a slight incline on a highway. Nobody else in the car has mentioned a "drone" so it may just be me looking for it because people talk about it on these forums with other exhaust systems. The solve for drone seems to be applying sound deadening material in the trunk, so no big deal if it were to bother someone. I'm happy with the exhaust - it still surprises me because it is quiet at low RPM then when you get on it sounds excellent and louder than you were used to (but not too loud) so I do get pleasantly reminded it's there when I give it some gas. From audio clips I feel like it sounds similar to MBRP...thermal costs a couple hundred more, but is nice and polished 304. Welds look nice too

RIGSGT2

Reactions
City
Elgin
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
GT2
I'm debating between the Borla S-type and the ARK GRIP but the Grip it's like $600 more than the Borla's.
WTH????

hhoweson

Reactions
City
Chichester
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GTS
Hi, sorry to ask a question that may have already been asked - I'm looking for a bimodal exhaust that integrates with the mode selection on the stinger. Ideally no louder than it is already while in comfort mode and something a little sportier for sport mode. Are there any options out there available in the UK?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
What I Drive
Stinger GT AWD
I'm don't really want an aftermarket exhaust, but if I did, this dedicated KIA Stinger site is certainly the place to look for one.

RIGSGT2

Reactions
City
Elgin
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
GT2
Hi, sorry to ask a question that may have already been asked - I'm looking for a bimodal exhaust that integrates with the mode selection on the stinger. Ideally no louder than it is already while in comfort mode and something a little sportier for sport mode. Are there any options out there available in the UK?
You can look for a DPW exhaust system.
I pulled the trigger too fast on the Borla's and now I think they are too loud. Lol comes with age but with DPW you can select when to have the noise and when not.

Reactions
City
Ruskin
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 kia stinger gt1 rwd

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @adrianageone, I had to do the same thing with my magnaflow exhaust because I had Ultra racing bracing under the car.

Moose

Reactions
City
St. Catharines
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2020 Stinger
Just did the X Force from Summit also. Had to cut off the front brace and reposition it. Sounds close to stock closed and not overly obnoxious open. Having the mid pipe, secondary cat delete, is way good value for the money. Tail pipe are still short. Going to tack on some extensions to get out to the factory tips. All and all happy with the outcome.

W00TCAMP

Reactions
City
jup
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 G70 3.3T Sport Prestige
Is anyone manufacturing a variable exhaust system that operates based off of drive modes in the 2022 G70, like the stock variable exhaust functions?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @Moose & @W00TCAMP I'm not 100% if one is made but I'm sure if you have enough money anything is possible..

Wittbrij

Reactions
City
Westlake
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 kia stinger gt1, 2018 mustang
Is anyone manufacturing a variable exhaust system that operates based off of drive modes in the 2022 G70, like the stock variable exhaust functions?
Borla and MBRP said yes to active 2022. Late December

Tonys_GT1

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Panthera Stinger GT1
Borla and MBRP said yes to active 2022. Late December
I talked to Borla last month and they said no to the active exhaust. So, I installed the S-Type on my 22 GT1. I am going to try some tip extensions to see if I can get the sound to be better but you can always have a shop or your welding buddies cut the valve off of the old exhaust and replace the two outer tips on the Borla system. I'm still up in the air on that one but I'm worried how it will sound when I do it...

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
City
Irmo
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 GT1
I know I'm super late to this party, but I talked to MBRP and they said they are working on the 22 active exhaust currently, and it should be available in march. The rep I was speaking to sent me this "sneak peak" of their design:

1644240916195.png

Wittbrij

Reactions
City
Westlake
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 kia stinger gt1, 2018 mustang
I know I'm super late to this party, but I talked to MBRP and they said they are working on the 22 active exhaust currently, and it should be available in march. The rep I was speaking to sent me this "sneak peak" of their design:

View attachment 4940
March 23 is what they told me. No pricing yet.

DU5T1N812

Reactions
City
Jeffersonville
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 KIA STINGER
DID THIS ACTIVE EXHAUST EVER ACTUALLY COME TO FRUITION?

ALSO, NOT MANY TALKS OF THE BORLA SYSTEM.... I USED TO HAVE BORLA EXHAUST ON MY OLD CAMARO SS AND I LOVEEEEEED IT! ... SO I WAS GOING TO WITH BORLA ON HERE.... BUT I'VE NOT SEEN REALLY ANYONE SAY ANYTHING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER ABOUT IT, OR THE SOUND.... THE SOUND CLIPS I FOUND ONLINE SOUND DECENT BUT NOT SURE HOW THAT EQUATES TO IRL.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
DID THIS ACTIVE EXHAUST EVER ACTUALLY COME TO FRUITION?

ALSO, NOT MANY TALKS OF THE BORLA SYSTEM.... I USED TO HAVE BORLA EXHAUST ON MY OLD CAMARO SS AND I LOVEEEEEED IT! ... SO I WAS GOING TO WITH BORLA ON HERE.... BUT I'VE NOT SEEN REALLY ANYONE SAY ANYTHING ONE WAY OR THE OTHER ABOUT IT, OR THE SOUND.... THE SOUND CLIPS I FOUND ONLINE SOUND DECENT BUT NOT SURE HOW THAT EQUATES TO IRL.
I don't have any sound clips of Borla exhaust but I have heard one in person & let me tell you it is F ing loud.