Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Dynamic Bending headlight question (unique to the GT2)

Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Hello, I have a question and wanted to know if it's just me.. On my GT2, I have the Dynamic Bending Headlights. Although I love them, does anyone think they should point just a bit further down the road at night? Also, does anyone know if their height can be adjusted up a bit to look further ahead on the road? Since they move with the steering wheel, I was wondering if they can be adjusted? Thanks!

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Yes, they can be adjusted.

The headlight adjustment is behind the headlight on each side under where the fender and hood meet.

Generally there is a screw to adjust the height. You will need to remove the air filter box which I think is just 3 bolts and a hose clamp.

There is a 12mm nut on the back side of the headlight.

Park the car in front of a wall/garage door and turn on the lights, mark your starting location with painters tape. Rotate the nut using a crescent wrench (ratcheting makes this much easier) and see which way the beam moves. If it goes up, keep going. If it goes down, go the other direction. It's a tight fit so you'll only get maybe 1/10 a rotation before hitting the frame and it's a fine adjustment so the 1? I moved the beam took 1 - 1 1/2 rotations of the nut.

OP
umaustin
Reactions
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Thread Starter #3
Awesome news, thanks Rob! Will try it this weekend since I have to remove each of the air boxes.