Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Critter in the engine bay...

Reactions
City
Cleveland
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger 2.0 Premium
Hi all, sorry if this is the wrong section to post this.
I recently had the pleasure of discovering a critter in my engine bay. I went out to start the car one morning, and as it fired up heard a loud bang/pop. I shut down the car and popped the hood to find the belt for the alternator had come off. No big deal, pulled the adjustment pulley and got it back on good as new. I started investigating what had caused it and found a chunk of fur lodged in the bottom of the car near the sway bar (stabilizer bar?) and little bits of blood around it... gross. (See pic 1).
I then took the engine cover off and saw he had made his way up there and chewed up the foam piece that sits on top of the engine, pic 2. I've since cleaned the bay and at the advice of the dealer put a few nylon stockings with mothballs around the sides/bottom of the bay where I think he got it.
Does anyone know what the foam piece is called or where I can get a replacement? I've been looking through kiaparts . com and can't seem to find it myself. This is for a 2018 2.0 premium.
Thanks,
Yami fur.jpg Chewed foam under cover.jpg

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, don't think you will have to worry about him anymore, he's probably dead somewhere..