Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Center rearview mirror wobble

Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
I just got my car back from service and needed to readjust the rear view mirror. First time I've done this as I am the only person that drives the car. I noticed that the mirror has some 'wobble' on the post. I mean like a half inch or so. The mirror doesn't lose its adjustment nor does is vibrate or shake while the car is being driven but there is definitely play in it that simple light pressure will reveal. Is this normal? Does anyone else have the same condition?

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Mine does it sometimes.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I never had a mirror loosen up from driving or moving it, make sure when you take your car in for service you tell them, I only want a clean person driving my car NO mechanics are allowed in my car and don't mess with the mirrors, stereo or anything else in the car. The service guys don't like me when I come in, but personally don't care, its not their car, do your job an nothing else.

OP
Z
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #4
Mine does it sometimes.
Mine isn't a sometimes thing. When I adjust it, it sits at the bottom of the wobble due to gravity. If I lift the bottom of the mirror with light pressure is moves without the adjustment ball and cup changing. When I release the light pressure it will drop back down to where it wants to settle.

Attachments

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
There should be a T15 torx head. See if that loosened up.

OP
Z
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #6
You may be right as it is the post that is loose where it attaches in the sensor pod. I just need to figure out how to get the plastic cover off the pod that covers the screw

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
It simply pops off, if I recall, and I’ll go check, there should be a little hole for a small pry bar location. It really just pops off.

OP
Z
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #8
I got the external cover off and the shroud for the connector(you're right they just pop off) but the connector seems to be blocking access to any mounting hardware. Mine is the GT2 with the Homelink mirror and compass and the sensor array for all the lane assist and rain sensors. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Kale808

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Kia Stinger GT
No wobble here

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
What I Drive
‘19 Stinger GT
Try moving the mirror out of the way and see if the bolt is loose. You’ll still be able to adjust it but it should feel a lot tighter.

OP
Z
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2
Thread Starter #11
Got it! I was looking in the wrong place for the screw. It was partially hidden under the BIG cover for the sensors forward of the post. Once I located it, it was cake to tighten. It was not very loose either. If it loosens again It might need a bit of thread lock. Thanks guys.