Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Center Console Wrap Question

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
For those have have the aluminum center console trim may realize that it soft and dents / scratches easily. Was wondering if anybody has done a wrap of the console and how it worked out? Was thinking about a carbon fiber wrap which will protect it some and hide the current marks. I have a professional installer that said he can wrap it while the part is in place in the car for $150.00.

dunc69

Reactions
City
Bristol
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 3.3 GTS
I would also like to do something similar as I have picked up a couple of tiny dents in the centre console.

$150 seems a good deal so long as the work is good quality.

Not sure carbon is the right finish for me though. Any ideas on alternative wraps guys? Do you think a wrap could accurately replicate the current metal finish?

Cheers.

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
Do you think a wrap could accurately replicate the current metal finish?

Cheers.
Oracal or 3M will have quality brushed aluminum.

Reactions
I’ve wrapped my stinger twice after getting 3-5K quotes for it. $600 later for wrap and tools and a lot of YouTube watching I’ve now wrapped almost 10 cars. For the amount of material you need I’d grab a small roll and try it out yourself before I spent $150. More intimidating than it is hard. Go slow and you’ll be ok. Happy to offer any insight/tips/help if you’re interested.