Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Can I listen to the radio with the engine off?

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Guys,

One more question from a new Stinger driver who's still wearing L Plates on the technology front (and no 10 year old to help).

I want to be able to listen to the radio WITHOUT the engine running. Any time I try, the info screen flashes up a warning that the system is shutting down to avoid a flat battery (or words to that effect). Shirley Kia is able to build a car that is capable of powering a radio for an hour or two without flattening the car battery? What do I have to do to listen to the car radio for maybe 20 - 30 mins without having to run the engine?

PAH

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Press the start button.

You can listen to music with the engine off

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Press the start button without pressing the brake pedal. This places the car in an accessory mode

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Yes as @CKeeler has stated, press the starter button once for accessory, press it again your ignition will come on, press it one more time it turns everything off..

OP
P

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Thread Starter #5
Thanks heaps guys. I've learned something - again. It's a pity that Kia doesnt make a LOW TECH Stinger with keys for old timers! ;-)

OP
P

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Thread Starter #6
Having been pointed in the direction of the accessory function, I'm in my parked Stinger and listening to my radio. But because it's a hot day, I've got the driver's door open. And that (apparently) means I've got to put up with inane door chimes as I listen to my favourite music? KIA!! With the Stinger PARKED and the system in ACCESSORY, is there REALLY a need to remind the driver that the door is open?

It'd be nice if owners were able to deactivate some of these more annoying and useless "assistance" features. One more for example: The driver is reversing with a trailer so he opens the driver's door to check for obstructions. The Kia white coat brigade seem to think that there's a need to kick the gearbox into neutral if the door is open?? Yep. I know. Once the door is open, reverse can be reselected. That's another annoying automated feature I'd dearly love to deactivate.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
It would seem that every car for the last 40 years gives you a buzzer or ding when the key is even in the ignition. This is not a new thing

OP
P

pah

Reactions
City
Sydney
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
Kia Stinger 330S
Thread Starter #8
It would seem that every car for the last 40 years gives you a buzzer or ding when the key is even in the ignition. This is not a new thing
Agreed. It's not new. But remains an annoyance. I can understand the need for a ding if the car is moving. But why interrupt those listening to music in a PARKED car?