Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Bad Transmission

Reactions
City
Davenport
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT AWD
Back on 2/16/21 I started having some hard shifting and high reving when the transmission was supposed to shift to the next gear. This just started happening while I was on my way home from work. I took it to the dealer the next day and told the service guy and a mechanic what was going on. They tried the reset and then went for a test drive. They told me the trany needed to be replaced and it was warrantied. But, this was when KIA's computer system was down so it would be a bit before they could get the go ahead from them to get it replaced.

I am still waiting today. The transmission has been on backorder ever since and they keep changing the date every week. I've talked to KIA and am currently getting all the paperwork together for then to buy back the car under lemon law.

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with their transmission and/or KIA customer service?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome, The only guy I've heard of that has had a major tranny problem was a gentleman that had over 600+ launches "aka launch control" on his car. There has been a few people that have complained about hard shifts but it was doing that when the tranny was cold, even when it warms up your still going to feel it shift down..

Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Yeah so I think I might be starting to have issues with my 2020 GT2. I’m only at 8k miles and suddenly this week, It kept shifting out of auto into 4th/5th gear on the hwy. I mostly drive in sport mode as well. I kept having to move back to D because I’m sport mode, it won’t automatically switch back.

Attachments