Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

AWE Tuning Exhaust demand

saewonyi

Reactions
To be honest, I'm not really impressed with any of the aftermarket exhaust options for the Stinger GT. Either way too quiet (Stillen, Magnaflow) or loud and to my ears, not great sounding (Borla, Ark). My previous car was a B8 Audi S4 with AWE Tunings Track Exhaust. If you go to their website and listen to the Track or Touring exhausts offered for Audi S cars, that is exactly the sound I'm looking for. I emailed them asking if there was any demand for an exhaust option for the Stinger but because there hasn't been much noise, it wasnt justifiable for R&D.

So if any of you guys are in the same boat as me, I would encourage everyone to email or call AWE Tuning and ask for an exhaust option. I'm confident it will be a great option for the Stinger community.

Last edited by a moderator:

brancky3

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
You could find out what type of mufflers AWE uses and maybe get a shop to build you one - it would definitely be cheaper. But I agree, AWE exhausts sounds great

Reactions
City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Kia Stinger GT2
I agree, AWE is awesome. I had their Touring resonated catback on my Focus RS.

R&D isn't too expensive...just the labor to get the stock exhaust on a jig and fab it. I have a buddy that builds race cars. I asked how much to make a one-off exhaust for the Stinger. He estimated $2k for SS pipes from the primary downpipes back. That's with traditional flanges...V-bands, titanium, etc. only drive that cost up.

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
To be honest, I'm not really impressed with any of the aftermarket exhaust options for the Stinger GT. Either way too quiet (Stillen, Magnaflow) or loud and to my ears, not great sounding (Borla, Ark). My previous car was a B8 Audi S4 with AWE Tunings Track Exhaust. If you go to their website and listen to the Track or Touring exhausts offered for Audi S cars, that is exactly the sound I'm looking for. I emailed them asking if there was any demand for an exhaust option for the Stinger but because there hasn't been much noise, it wasnt justifiable for R&D.

So if any of you guys are in the same boat as me, I would encourage everyone to email or call AWE Tuning and ask for an exhaust option. I'm confident it will be a great option for the Stinger community.
I wholeheartedly agree. The only one I’ve seen that sounds awesome is the muffler delete with a helmholtz resonator. But I can’t seem to get a response from the guy that listed it on YouTube to find out what was used as the resonator

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
I've had it for close to a year and drone is moderate, as with any good sounding catback for this platform, but a quick sound isolation job will take care of it for good.

Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
I've had it for close to a year and drone is moderate, as with any good sounding catback for this platform, but a quick sound isolation job will take care of it for good.
Who was your contact for purchasing the exhaust? I have tried contacting them a couple times and have not heard back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sschmuve

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Seems like you need to have your goals in consideration before choosing. If planning to do a turbo back with cat delete or HFC, one should consider the quieter catback. But yeah, it seems like the options are too loud, too quiet or just plain crappy sounding due to the true dual 1.65 Liter 3 cylinder x2 sound.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk