Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Android Auto and Amazon Music

Shumway

Reactions
Hi folks,

Picked up my new Stinger today and have a question already about Android Auto.

If I say, for example, "play Radiohead, the bends" the Assistant will say something like, "OK, will play Radiohead, the bends, on Amazon Music" so I know it's hearing me OK but will then play a random song by someone else. It's as if the request is being heard OK but isn't being transferred to Amazon successfully, anyone else had that or managed to overcome it?

Thanks.

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
It does that to me also. I don't have prime unlimited music so I wonder if it has something to do with what is available. I find I do better if I set what I want to listen to on my phone before I hook it up to the car. Works a little better that way.

OP
S

Shumway

Reactions
Thread Starter #3
It does that to me also. I don't have prime unlimited music so I wonder if it has something to do with what is available. I find I do better if I set what I want to listen to on my phone before I hook it up to the car. Works a little better that way.
So I got in touch with amazon and they said Amazon Music isn't compatible with Android Auto. That's bizarre given they're reviews saying it is and it's listed by Google as compatible.

The only thing I can deduce is an earlier version was compatible but the newer one isn't and it's bad housekeeping that it's still listed as such.

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Ugh... thanks. I usually listen to the SXM app. I've also downloaded some music to my phone and Google music app works well with that.