Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2019 winter wheels

arnzng

Reactions
City
alton
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 g70 sport
Hello, new to the genesis family. We just got my wife a brand new 2019 genesis g70 prestige sport 2.0t. it has the 19" wheels with the pilot s4 tires. I found a set of genesis wheels from a 2015 18" with 245/45/18 firehawk tires and tpms. From what I've found the wheel lug 5x114.3 hub 67.1 and offset +36mm all seem to fall into what would physically fit on the car for our illinois winters. My question is whether the tpms system is auto learning or if they need to be dealer programmed. It's not a huge deal to have them programmed but to go back and forth between seasons for wheels and tires. I do have a reset initiation tool for 315mhz sensors if that helps. TIA

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome to the forums, just take the car to any tire shop like discount tire, they will be able to set the TPM's for you...

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
It's 100% automatic.
No programing required.

Read the attached "description" for the details of how to learn new sensors..

Tldr: - just 2 steps
1. Install wheels with new sensor
2. Drive over 25 kph for ~20 minutes 'ish.

Attachments

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
Welcome to the forums, just take the car to any tire shop like discount tire, they will be able to set the TPM's for you...
Not required

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I had mine set when I had my wheels & tires replaced.

OP
A

arnzng

Reactions
City
alton
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 g70 sport
Thread Starter #6
Hoping to test this out in a few days. I have an activator tool since they're probably in sleep mode. So I'll wake them

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk