Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

*****2019 US Kia Stinger*****

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #81
The RWD only comes with the 19" summer tires. The AWD can come with either the summer or all season tires. If you elect the all season tires, then you get the 18" rims with the 130mph speed limit.

gtDC

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
The RWD only comes with the 19" summer tires. The AWD can come with either the summer or all season tires. If you elect the all season tires, then you get the 18" rims with the 130mph speed limit.

I ended up getting the 19" summer tires, now wondering whether not they'll get me through winter in DC as a daily driver

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #83
I ended up getting the 19" summer tires, now wondering whether not they'll get me through winter in DC as a daily driver
Well, I've got the summer tires with me here in Illinois/Iowa and she's doing fine in the snow.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Audi A4
Well, I've got the summer tires with me here in Illinois/Iowa and she's doing fine in the snow.
Michelin was adamant that the Pilot Sport 4 tires that came on my GT2, AWD Stinger loose traction in cold temperatures (below 45 degrees) and that the tires are prone to failure at those temperatures.

I'm glad you have not had a problem, but it doesn't mean it is safe or advisable to ignore Michelin's warnings (confirmed to me by Kia).

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United States
What I Drive
18 Stinger GT2 AWD
Michelin was adamant that the Pilot Sport 4 tires that came on my GT2, AWD Stinger loose traction in cold temperatures (below 45 degrees) and that the tires are prone to failure at those temperatures.

I'm glad you have not had a problem, but it doesn't mean it is safe or advisable to ignore Michelin's warnings (confirmed to me by Kia).
Besides the safety risks... anything below 30 can marble/crack the PS4 Tires. Those f?rs are like $280 each. I bought winter performance tires and rims to protect my summer tires as much as being safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Max Performance Summer tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

100% AGREE I bought the car in February and the first thing I did was swap my tires to some DWS06 All seasons!

gtDC

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Max Performance Summer tires are not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

100% AGREE I bought the car in February and the first thing I did was swap my tires to some DWS06 All seasons!
average temperatures in DC don't really get down to freezing, but December - March does sometimes dip down below 40. the car is also garaged on both ends of my commute generally, wouldn't head out in snow or until roads were cleared & treated

weather.png

I went to a local tire shop (NTB) and they suggested I didn't really need to worry about it, just drive carefully and see how it goes... but still kinda leaning back towards putting Michelin Pilot Sport a/s 3+

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Its the UVO eServices Phone App that you get free for 5 years. Remote start isn't available with this service.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubivelox.hkmc.tm2.ics&hl=en_US
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/uvo-eservices/id588729103?mt=8

This is what you can do with the App service.
  1. Vehicle Diagnostics: Diagnose whether problems exist within major vehicle features. If an abnormality exists, you can call Kia Roadside Assist or schedule a service appointment with any Kia Dealership directly from the vehicle or using the UVO app.
  2. MyPOIs: Synchronize your POIs list from your MyUVO account with your vehicle's navigation system.
  3. Parking Minder: Save the location where the vehicle parked and navigate to it later, or send the location to a friend.
  4. Roadside Assist: Contact Kia Roadside Assistance Program with just one click.
  5. My Car Zone: Create records of when your vehicle is traveling faster than a set speed, starts driving later than a set time, or enters a set restrited area
  6. Trip Info: Analytics of your monthly driving habits such as total time driving, total distance drving, average speed and average start time.
  7. Dealer Apointments: Request service apointments at a dealership of your choosing.
  8. Awards: Earn badges for using MyUVO's features.
Interesting... because Canadian 2018 Stingers come with UVO Intelligence remote start, locking, etc. American cars don't have this?

Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT1
Wish we did but we don?t have SIM support so we don?t get those cool features

Interesting... because Canadian 2018 Stingers come with UVO Intelligence remote start, locking, etc. American cars don't have this?