Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

*****2019 US Kia Stinger*****

Reactions
State
SC
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Mustang GT
Will the standard gt1 get the blind sport warning standard? Mechanical lsd?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #42

Tantor67

Reactions
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2007 Subaru
Glad I didn't pull the trigger on an 2018!![biggrin]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I don't think you can put the LSD in the AWD. The AWD is already doing what the LSD would do for the rear drive car.
Yes you can and the LSD comes standard on sister car G70 AWD (in Canada at least). The LSD does properly/mechanically what the electronics try to simulate with complex braking manoeuvres. A poor cousin to a proper LSD. They are available and can be installed...the remaining question is whether the software will automatically adapt or whether some update would be required to prevent the brake-based torque vectoring from either duplicating or interfering with the real LSD impact.

Many cars today use brake-based torque vectoring, but one in the class of the Stinger should use a real LSD, as the RWD versions do.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
i only have a stinger gt... a repainted yellow one that i saved money on and have none of the fancy options...i wanted it that way because i love driving...i don't really need any of those things because i pay attention...paying attention for me anyways has worked for years and its way cheaper than paying for options... also with that being said i like the fact i can switch into manual mode on my gt awd... downshifting into second gear sounds super cool... almost like it rev matches..nasty!![rockon]

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
does your gt2 lock into manual mode??[nono]

Reactions
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger
i only have a stinger gt... a repainted yellow one that i saved money on and have none of the fancy options...i wanted it that way because i love driving...i don't really need any of those things because i pay attention...paying attention for me anyways has worked for years and its way cheaper than paying for options... also with that being said i like the fact i can switch into manual mode on my gt awd... downshifting into second gear sounds super cool... almost like it rev matches..nasty!![rockon]
Did you have it repainted from another color or did you mean repainted by Kia because of paint defects?

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
repainted by kia before the dealer was able to sell it..but actually repainted by the dealers collision repair center paid for by kia.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
repainted by kia before the dealer was able to sell it..but actually repainted by the dealers collision repair center paid for by kia.
I know your car! I was looking at the GT1 Silver/Yellow at the W.Springfield Balise and went down last Saturday with my wife so she could check them out. I noticed the GT1 was off their site but when we got there the yellow was gone as well. Sage told us how you scooped it and congratulations! Love that car, now I'm torn on waiting for a pre-owned GT2 or going all in on a 2019.

Nice to see more stingers in 413.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
I know your car! I was looking at the GT1 Silver/Yellow at the W.Springfield Balise and went down last Saturday with my wife so she could check them out. I noticed the GT1 was off their site but when we got there the yellow was gone as well. Sage told us how you scooped it and congratulations! Love that car, now I'm torn on waiting for a pre-owned GT2 or going all in on a 2019.

Nice to see more stingers in 413.
that is correct..he said he would be ordering more, not sure if the 18s or 19s. i guess gt2s can't be locked into manual mode.something to consider if it matters to you. let me know when you get yours we can go crusing or something. [driving]

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
that is correct..he said he would be ordering more, not sure if the 18s or 19s. i guess gt2s can't be locked into manual mode.something to consider if it matters to you. let me know when you get yours we can go crusing or something. [driving]
Yes they can, but only in sport mode or Custom if transmission mode is set to sport.

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
Yes they can, but only in sport mode or Custom if transmission mode is set to sport.
in the reviews i saw they couldn't figure out how to do it then..i didn't think it made sense for kia to do that, good to know.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
in the reviews i saw they couldn't figure out how to do it then..i didn't think it made sense for kia to do that, good to know.
For some reason known only to KIA, the cars in Australia do not do this. There are always needless complications with electronics....

Reactions
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 kia stinger gt
seems like australia has there own set of rules when it comes to this car,, maybe other cars too?
For some reason known only to KIA, the cars in Australia do not do this. There are always needless complications with electronics....

Swag100

Reactions
State
CT
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Lexus GS350 f-sport
My main question is the price going to go up on the gt2 with all these new features or stay the same?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #57
My main question is the price going to go up on the gt2 with all these new features or stay the same?
I estimate it will go up about $1,200. No confirmation of that yet.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Up. Was that not already discussed above (I mean way back)?

ioFAILURE

Reactions
State
WI
Country
United States
Any chance of getting the 360 camera on the premium trim as an option? Or any trim other than GT2?

OP
MurlinatoR

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's
Thread Starter #60
Any chance of getting the 360 camera on the premium trim as an option? Or any trim other than GT2?
Unfortunately not. Kia always reserves the surround view monitor for the top trim.