Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2019 Stinger GT Blackvue Power Magic Ultra Battery (B-124X) rear boot install wiring questions

Reactions
City
Adelaide
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
GT_MY19
Hi i have a 2019 Australia GT Stinger and have bough some blackvue dash cams (front and rear) and a blackvue power magic ultra battery pack for parking mode.

As a result i want to connect the battery pack to a safe fuse on the rear boot/trunk fuse panel as this is the easiest space for the battery pack. Dealers in South Australia and Kia customer care are useless and wont advise me what fuse to use etc. As a result i want advice from you to which fuse i can tap from the rear boot/trunk fuse panel (SEE PIC BELOW). BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

View attachment 52534

The Blackvue battery pack states:
Hardwired installation – standard cigarette lighter socket and hardwiring cable (rapid 9 A charging)

b. Referring to your vehicle Owner’s Manual, identify a Switched (accessory power) fuse of 10A or less in your interior fuse panel. Typical examples are the cigarette lighter and car stereo fuse slots.
Caution If you connect the Ultra Battery to a Constant Power (BATT) fuse it may result in depletion of your vehicle’s battery.

c. Remove the identified Switched fuse and match its type with one of the 3 add a fuse taps.

d. Insert the ACC wire into the connector end of the fuse tap. Use a crimping tool or pliers to crimp the connector onto the wire.ACCGround wire (ring)To Ultra Battery

e. Insert the fuse you removed from the fuse panel into the slot closest to the blades on the fuse tap.
NoteIf the original fuse is a low-profile mini type, use the new 10A mini type fuse instead (included).f. Insert a new 20A fuse into the slot furthest away from the fuse tap blades.Power inpute.

f.Output to factory accessory Output to B-124X

g. Insert the fuse tap into the empty Switched fuse slot in the fuse panel.
Caution Refer to the diagram and insert the fuse tap in the correct orientation. In the correct orientation the new fuse (f.) gets power directly from the fuse slot without putting an additional load on the original fuse (e.). If you insert the fuse tap in the reversed orientation the additional load on the original fuse may cause it to blow.

h. Connect the ground wire (ring) to a ground point, such as a bolt, that is directly on a bare metal part of the vehicle's frame. Secure the ground wire to the bare metal frame (for example by securing it under the bolt).

i. Set the power switch to the Hardwire position.GNDEx

BIG THANKS ALL :)

OP
S
Reactions
City
Adelaide
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
GT_MY19
Thread Starter #2
anyone???

MrRedFox

Reactions
City
Melbourne
State
Non-US
Country
Australia
What I Drive
2021 Kia Stinger
Hi i have a 2019 Australia GT Stinger and have bough some blackvue dash cams (front and rear) and a blackvue power magic ultra battery pack for parking mode.

As a result i want to connect the battery pack to a safe fuse on the rear boot/trunk fuse panel as this is the easiest space for the battery pack. Dealers in South Australia and Kia customer care are useless and wont advise me what fuse to use etc. As a result i want advice from you to which fuse i can tap from the rear boot/trunk fuse panel (SEE PIC BELOW). BIG THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

View attachment 52534

The Blackvue battery pack states:
Hardwired installation – standard cigarette lighter socket and hardwiring cable (rapid 9 A charging)

b. Referring to your vehicle Owner’s Manual, identify a Switched (accessory power) fuse of 10A or less in your interior fuse panel. Typical examples are the cigarette lighter and car stereo fuse slots.
Caution If you connect the Ultra Battery to a Constant Power (BATT) fuse it may result in depletion of your vehicle’s battery.

c. Remove the identified Switched fuse and match its type with one of the 3 add a fuse taps.

d. Insert the ACC wire into the connector end of the fuse tap. Use a crimping tool or pliers to crimp the connector onto the wire.ACCGround wire (ring)To Ultra Battery

e. Insert the fuse you removed from the fuse panel into the slot closest to the blades on the fuse tap.
NoteIf the original fuse is a low-profile mini type, use the new 10A mini type fuse instead (included).f. Insert a new 20A fuse into the slot furthest away from the fuse tap blades.Power inpute.

f.Output to factory accessory Output to B-124X

g. Insert the fuse tap into the empty Switched fuse slot in the fuse panel.
Caution Refer to the diagram and insert the fuse tap in the correct orientation. In the correct orientation the new fuse (f.) gets power directly from the fuse slot without putting an additional load on the original fuse (e.). If you insert the fuse tap in the reversed orientation the additional load on the original fuse may cause it to blow.

h. Connect the ground wire (ring) to a ground point, such as a bolt, that is directly on a bare metal part of the vehicle's frame. Secure the ground wire to the bare metal frame (for example by securing it under the bolt).

i. Set the power switch to the Hardwire position.GNDEx

BIG THANKS ALL :)

Hi,
Did you end up getting a solution to this? I want to install Thinkware U1000 dual camera with battery setup. Another person put the battery into glovebox (which I'm not keen on), but didn't consider the boot until saw your post.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks.