Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018 Kia Stinger GT1 AWD (With Driver Assistance)

mibomba

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Kia Optima
Hi,

I am looking to lease a GT1 AWD with the driver assistance package. I know what the MSRP and Invoice is for this type of vehicle.

The issue is I have 10 months left on my Kia Optima which would cost me roughly $3,600 to roll over into a new lease.

In your opinion, at what price should the capitalized price be before the $6,300 rebate they are doing this month? What they are quoting me ($777) with the rollover of my old lease seems quite high. I think I can get them down $100 on a monthly basis if its at the invoice price. I am assuming 10,000 Miles per year and Tier 1 credit.

Would appreciate some insight.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
That seems way too high. But lets do some math.
777 assuming tax and fees included.
777 - Lease amount from optima(3600/36) = $677month $0 down.
677 - taxes(usually about 20-25 a month) = 650month $0 down.
650 minus the sign off fees for this vehicle(3600/36) = 550month $3600 down.
im just going to focus on the 550month $3600 down and say that is more than i payed for my gt2 buy roughly 50$/month. So unless your msrp is about 51k that is not a good lease.
You probably want to be in the range of somewhere around $700/month all included to be an ok deal and more towards $650 all included to be a good lease.
I would help you with numbers if they told you any.

Something i didnt look at though was the 1000$ less lease cash a gt1 gets. But 1000 of 36 months is like 25 bucks so 650-700 isnt all that unattainable

OP
M

mibomba

Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Kia Optima
Thread Starter #3
I don't think I get $1,000 for the lease. I only get the $6,300 from the finance company.

I am assuming $100 is attributable to me turning my car in early. Not sure if that includes penalty.

They are using tier one credit. Also residual is 50% on a 3 year lease. I was told the residual would be half the MSRP which to me screams they are using the MSRP at the price before taking account for finance cash back.

Are most people paying invoice or lower on their stingers? Is this a reasonable way to negotiate? Am I able to get invoice or lower before they include any finance cash back offers? Appreciate the advice.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
For the most part when i bought at the end of august no. they usually dont get to invoice, usually its about 1000 above where they try and sell.
Also i meant that 6300 is about 1000 less than the 7700 or 7600 they offered for the gt2.
Residual is always based on msrp which is good because it makes your residual higher at the end of the term. the lower the residual price the more you will have to pay.