Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

2018 GT2 - Possible (Engine) Lifter Issues?

Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT2 2018
Hi all,

I have a 2018 GT 2 with 46k miles and I'm noticing when it's cold or cool out in the morning, after starting the car I hear a ticking sound. The ticking is coming from the engine bay and if the engine raises the rpm's the ticking gets quicker. I don't know for certain if it eventually goes away or is just less pronounced as it gets warmer.

Has anyone experienced this or know what it might be? Thinking lifter issue...

Thanks!

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
That's normal for Direct Injection, it's the injectors. Nothing to worry about...(y)

OP
C
Reactions
State
MN
Country
United States
What I Drive
KIA Stinger GT2 2018
Thread Starter #3
That's normal for Direct Injection, it's the injectors. Nothing to worry about...(y)
Thanks, the thing is I don't remember hearing this sound in the 2 years I've had the car... I attached some videos here showing the engine and sound

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
If that's on a cold start it's normal, you just haven't notice it. I heard it on mine car since day one.

144Para

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Stinger
Hi all,

I have a 2018 GT 2 with 46k miles and I'm noticing when it's cold or cool out in the morning, after starting the car I hear a ticking sound. The ticking is coming from the engine bay and if the engine raises the rpm's the ticking gets quicker. I don't know for certain if it eventually goes away or is just less pronounced as it gets warmer.

Has anyone experienced this or know what it might be? Thinking lifter issue...

Thanks!
I've had a similar 'tappety' noise for about the last 3k kms. If I do nothing it disappears after about 30 secs, it I blip the throttle it disappears immediately....

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
I've had a similar 'tappety' noise for about the last 3k kms. If I do nothing it disappears after about 30 secs, it I blip the throttle it disappears immediately....
Exactly what I do every time I start the car cold