Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

1/4 mile outing with the LAP3...!

Miguelawd

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
So am running the m45il gab to 29 what they came from hks. Still breaking up you think gaping to 24 will fix that? Running lap3 on 93 set up muffler delete

OP
STINGER
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
Thread Starter #25
So am running the m45il gab to 29 what they came from hks. Still breaking up you think gaping to 24 will fix that? Running lap3 on 93 set up muffler delete
Could be, you need to narrow down your problem. Are you still breaking up with the LAP3 of the car? if so that means you most likely have a coil issue that needs to be solved first, if not then you need to re-gap to .22-.24 and try again.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I've seen an 0.28 down to .024 make a difference on other motors. I would gap them down and try again. Also the 45il's are the equivalent of an NGK heat range 9. That's too cold in my opinion. I'd run the 40il's or stock gapped down to .022-24.

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Hey bro, if your misfire continues you might have a bad coil. I ran the JB4 for a few days and had a coil failure. Currently my car is at the dealer waiting on a replacement part.

Miguelawd

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Ok I ran it with out the chip and ran fine that?s why am gonna try the .24 gapping next

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2

Miguelawd

Reactions
State
NJ
Country
United States
Not yet haven?t had time just haven?t been beating on it lol will post as soon as I do gap and see if that?s fix the problem

Reactions
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Not yet haven?t had time just haven?t been beating on it lol will post as soon as I do gap and see if that?s fix the problem
Thanks [shakehands]