Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

What's next to do Performance wise.

RIGSGT2

Reactions
City
Elgin
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
GT2
I'm wondering what's next to do to increase performance in my car.
It's my daily driver and I don't track it but, I do the normal rolls over 70 in the highways and the typical stop and go street race every once and an while.
My car currently have. Oil Catch Can, K&N Typhoon CAI, JA scoops, GFB Deceptor Pro II BOV, JB4 with plugs, Wind booster and the Borla Exhaust. I was thinking of removing the cats but then I will not pass emissions so that's off the table unless someone tells me how to pass them without the cats; then I'm thinking of installing an intercooler.
The reason behind the intercooler is that I have seen that when the temps here in IL. gets over 90 degrees the car does not run as well when is 70's.
Other option is I was seeing the WMI but, don't know how it works; does it's always ON or you turn it on with a switch to get that extra injection going?
And I'm skeptical to damage the engine or something using the WMI.
With this said and as mu daily driver; What do you guys recommend?

Sorry for the long post.

Thanks.

RIGS.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Do a secondary cat delete & a FMIC system like Mishimoto or JonnyTig because both of those come with a merge pipe.

Personally I don't run WMI, I've heard complaints about it, what I do every once in a while is run some TORCO with a full tank of 91oct which gives me 100oct in which makes the power jump up.

I run the JonnyTig FMIC & in the summer here in Arizona the car IAT is 10 degrees above Ambient temp. When your IAT is above 90 the car is going to run sluggish.