Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Welcome to the Kia Stinger Forum, please post an introduction

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Welcome everyone.

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
Vegas thanks! I will go check it out. :)

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Hey Guys! Looking at the Stinger in the next year or so, to replace my G8 GT. Not too many RWD cars left so this is a definite possibility!

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hey Guys! Looking at the Stinger in the next year or so, to replace my G8 GT. Not too many RWD cars left so this is a definite possibility!
Welcome[twothumb]

Reactions
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
07 Pilot, 99 Dakota R/T
Welcome!

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Please tell me you've considered a Chevy SS?

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Please tell me you've considered a Chevy SS?
Yes, it was my next choice actually, but I'm not buying a new car until next year or early '19 so that's not going to happen anymore.

Stingin' Away

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Dayton
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 Stinger GT
Yes, it was my next choice actually, but I'm not buying a new car until next year or early '19 so that's not going to happen anymore.
In that time frame, you still might be able to pick up a new SS. They are skimping off the lot because of price gouging and the market for them is inevitably non-existent. I'm waiting to drive a Stinger to see if I like it. I drove an SS and fell head over heels, which I was expecting before I drove it. I want to not like it so it makes the purchase on the SS easier. However, I will be fighting demons inside if the Stinger is as good as advertised.

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Hello Stinger Fans and prospective Owners! I too was stung by the excitement this vehicle is making... On the fence on what drivetrain to purchase. Looking at the 4cyl Turbo, knowing I can build a beast to complete with the 6cyl twin Turbo. ????

StingerMike

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
MI
Country
United States
Hello Stinger Fans and prospective Owners! I too was stung by the excitement this vehicle is making... On the fence on what drivetrain to purchase. Looking at the 4cyl Turbo, knowing I can build a beast to complete with the 6cyl twin Turbo. ????
Welcome, I'm going to enjoy reading your build if you do end up getting the 4cyl turbo.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #71
Welcome [MENTION=157]KiaStingerExperience[/MENTION]

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Thank you [MENTION=2]KiaFan[/MENTION] be sure to follow my IG, its same name as user on here!

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
New member from Lafayette, LA here. Just saw the Kia Stinger for the first time this weekend and decided to join this community to get more details.

OP
KiaFan

KiaFan

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
AZ
Country
United States
Thread Starter #77
Welcome aboard Cajun

Reactions
State
HI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
In that time frame, you still might be able to pick up a new SS. They are skimping off the lot because of price gouging and the market for them is inevitably non-existent. I'm waiting to drive a Stinger to see if I like it. I drove an SS and fell head over heels, which I was expecting before I drove it. I want to not like it so it makes the purchase on the SS easier. However, I will be fighting demons inside if the Stinger is as good as advertised.
In 2019? Nah I doubt I'd find one that hasn't been abused just sitting on a lot for a couple years. Too bad, that was my original plan to succeed my G8. The Stinger is pretty nice though, and I'll see when I drive it.

SeoulStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Audi A6
Welcome to the community.

Reactions
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Camaro RS, 2014 Corvette, 2009
In 2019? Nah I doubt I'd find one that hasn't been abused just sitting on a lot for a couple years. Too bad, that was my original plan to succeed my G8. The Stinger is pretty nice though, and I'll see when I drive it.
Keep in mind the SS has abysmal fuel economy. I still use my 2009 G8 GT as a daily driver and long distance road trip machine so FE matters to me. The Stinger may prove to be a great replacement though!