Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Weird spots on window/roof line trim.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
I have no idea why . On mine there was now bubbles. On your picture it looks like they have left a gap when installing new trim . Or meybe it is just the pic. Cheers
No, no gap what so ever on the new trim.

Here is the old VS new.
In the new image, the hatchback is open

Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
Big difference.

Reactions
City
Saint Petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT
I have recently bought Stinger GT Limited. Love the car.
I didn't realize just after few days that on the window/roofline trim there are some markings/spots.
i just want to see if anybody had a similar thing on their Stinger. I have an appointment next week at the dealership as from the pictures kia detailing division can tell what is that.
Hi all, You will appreciate the news I am providing. Kia is replacing the window trim with brand new window trim on my 2018 Kia Stinger GT. Now, one thing I appreciated was the parts person and the service manager mentioned they have performed this replacement numerous times for a single customer (i.e. poor quality workmanship on these parts). One thing and I will point it out that in the future when my window trim discolors again, I am going to ask whether Kia can replace it with the latest years window trim (i.e. solid black vs dark/black chrome). Now I would agree if they use the same material then the same issue occurs (i.e. shame on them). I have not done my homework yet on the material used in 2018 vs 2021 but, the brand new they just put on does look amazing at moment and it's a month old.

Last edited:

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Reactions
City
Kennewick
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
20 Stinger GT-2
We just noticed identical spots on our 2020. What is the best way to approach the service department?

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome @WillyWilliam Just go in an tell them that you have some concerns about the trip, they should already know what's going on with it, just don't let them push you around...

GeneSport

Reactions
City
NY
State
NY
Country
United States
What I Drive
Genesis Sport 3.3T
Welcome @WillyWilliam Just go in an tell them that you have some concerns about the trip, they should already know what's going on with it, just don't let them push you around...
I had the same issue, they tried compounding but it came back. They ultimately replaced the trim. I find I still need to wipe down the trim with a microfiber and the spots come right off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk