Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Suspension Question...

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
I have a 2019 GT1 with 4K miles. Question for all those knowledgeable people on this forum :) Sometimes when I am taking a long bend/turn in road at say 30-40 miles per hour I can hear what sounds like a faint intermediate "buzz" sound... LIke the ABS sound but I am not touching the brakes nor am I pushing the car really hard.......just coasting thru the bend at speed. Really don't ever hear the sound unless dead quite in cabin and going around a long bend. I am thinking it is the Electronic Controlled Suspension or maybe the Dynamic Torque Vectoring Control system? I don't think there is anything wrong just wondering if anyone knows if these systems make noise when you are trying to listen for them with radio off and windows up.

Last edited:

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
can you hear it at much lower speed as well? Like 5-10 mph while turning or reversing?

OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #3
can you hear it at much lower speed as well? Like 5-10 mph while turning or reversing?
No. Seem to only hear it when taking a long bend at speed... like the car wants to lean but does stay flat. That is why I was thinking I was hearing motors? I have to really listen for it... windows up... radio off. Never hear it at 5-10 mph and never hear it reversing. More like 30 MPH on a long bend/turn.

Last edited:
Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
The electronically controlled suspension should be silent.

I'm curious what your noise is.

OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #5
The electronically controlled suspension should be silent.

I'm curious what your noise is.

It sounds like the ABS noise for a second. I can reproduce the sound I noticed if going straight about 30 mph and I turn my wheel from left to right aggressively.... hear it more when turning to the right. Look like a drunk driver when doing it so I found an empty back road :). So going straight and then jerk steering wheel quickly to right and back center..turning the steering wheel maybe a few inches and back center quickly. You hear a BUZZ sound like the ABS. I am now thinking it is normal it is part of the electric steering system. Never hear it when backing out driveway...turning wheel while car is stationary back and forth quickly or slowly does not make the noise. Even in parking lot moving around never hear it. Has to be moving about 20 MPH or more and sort of jerk the car to the left and to right while going straight you can hear a BUZZ for a split second. I think it is the dynamic torque vectoring system since it uses the brake/abs system I believe (I have gt1). Jerking the car or pushing around long bend might cause it to activate. Again you have to really listen for it with windows up and no radio.

Last edited:

Savvas_to

Reactions
Does it sound like the vectoring system is applying breaking on the unloaded wheel while cornering?

OP
luv2drive
Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
Thread Starter #7
It sounds like the ABS noise for a second. I can reproduce the sound I noticed if going straight about 30 mph and I turn my wheel from left to right aggressively.... hear it more when turning to the right. Look like a drunk driver when doing it so I found an empty back road :). So going straight and then jerk steering wheel quickly to right and back center..maybe turning the steering wheel maybe a few inches and back center quickly. You hear a BUZZ sound like the ABS. I am now thinking it is normal it is part of the electric steering system. Never hear it when backing out driveway...turning wheel while car is stationary back and forth quickly or slowly does not make the noise. Even in parking lot moving around never hear it. Has to be moving about 20 MPH or more and sort of jerk the car to the left and to right while going straight you can hear a BUZZ for a split second.
I was just thinking same thing!!!!! I just added to my last post that it could be the vector system. Can anyone else reproduce noise?

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger Limited
The original post says this happens when you are coasting through a bend and not pushing the car very hard.... No torque vectoring should be occuring under these conditions.

Strange

Reactions
State
AK
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT2 AWD
My 2018 GT2 AWD did something similar for about the first 5,000 miles. I thought it might be a wheel bearing but the noise stopped and hasn’t come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk