Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stung - New GT2 RWD Owner Cbus, Oh

Reactions
City
Pataskala
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
I have to admit I’m pretty excited to be here..... Just purchased a 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD Pearl White..... This forum is going to be good for me because my family is done hearing about my Stinger..... I can’t wait to start customizing and adding the Mods..... The plan is to start with Cold Air Intake..... Of course I can’t decide which company to go with..... InJen, K&N, Stillen, AEM or other?
Secondly is the Exhaust........ Johnny Tig, Borla, Magna-Flow, Agency or other? I want the best most aggressive sound, but I don’t want it to carry into the cabin to much.
Third mod is the Chip and Tuning..... Race Chip or Lap 3?
I did find a local shop I plan on using that came with great references located in Sunbury, Ohio.

Also I’m curious how much Stinger owners are driving their car? Meaning every day to work Etc? Or are you leaving parked and only driving on the weekends?
Any thoughts ideas advice product pitfalls or best mods will be very much appreciated!

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Congrats! I suggest going with the JB4 Tuners

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard

Reactions
City
Brick
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger 2.0L
Congrats. 90 miles a day round trip to work... thank God she gets amazing gas mileage (partly why I opted for the 2.0).

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Congratulations and welcome!
I commute about 80+ miles round trip everyday. Runs like a champ everyday.
You should really think about your first mod being at least a rear sway bar. You'll love how much tighter and flatter it feels.

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
Welcome aboard & congratulations, car looks good...

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Welcome aboard and congratulations!
Check out the JB4 for the chip, well worth the money, great support and a ton of features.
For the intake check out the JonnyTig intakes, best so far for the Stinger.

OP
MychalKS18GT2
Reactions
City
Pataskala
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Thread Starter #8
Thank you!!
Yes already researched the JB4 and it seems perfect for me. A few simple connections and a lot of online & video support. I’m learning with the COI I need the oil catch cans? I’m glad you are recommending the Jonny Tig intakes cause that was the way I wanted to go!
I admit I’m not the most mechanically inclined individual..... I like really fast and really nice cars. Obviously with the Stinger you get both at a cost that won’t break you. Plus you have the opportunity to add some great mods that really make this car a problem for the Audi, BMW and all the other high end sport sedans. I appreciate the insight and look forward to hopefully learning how to do a lot of the modifications and work myself with some help from the forum.

robz32

2000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Stinger GT2
Catch cans are a definitely must if you are looking to install a chip, even without a chip it is highly recommended to install catch cans on GDi engine as they are prone to suffer from carbon build up on the intake valves.

OP
MychalKS18GT2
Reactions
City
Pataskala
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Kia Stinger GT2 RWD
Thread Starter #11
Catch cans are a definitely must if you are looking to install a chip, even without a chip it is highly recommended to install catch cans on GDi engine as they are prone to suffer from carbon build up on the intake valves.
Thank you for the info! I to some this might be second nature but I had no idea catch cans where necessary. This is much appreciated!