Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Stinger Down

seanmu25

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2p19 Stinger GTS
My wonderful girlfriend was side hit by an uninsured, no licensed individual on Wedneaday. She made it out with no broken bones or cuts. She is extremely sore, with neck and back pain. She is much more mobile after a few days but still in lots of pain. The safety of the vehicle impressed me. She was hit pretty good. Im not interested in repair of the vehicle, as the underneath was bent in and the frame looks bent from visual looks. They should get back to me Monday with the numbers.

I will miss my Stinger... and I believe I will be back for another one. I loved my experience with my GTS.

Attachments

spider55

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
City
Coolidge
State
AZ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 stinger GT1
I'm glad she made it through that with no injuries, looks like a hard hit, hope to see you in another stinger. Stay safe...

CKeeler

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Glad to hear she made it out alright. Sorry to hear about your Stinger.

TurboTx

500 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
CO
Country
United States
Glad she made it out but sorry to see she's in pain, especially because of some irresponsible wordiwontsay.

Hope to see you back in a Stinger soon, maybe an indigo edition, if you can stomach all that brown inside. 😂

stump-1

Reactions
City
Holliston
State
MA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Kia Stinger GT-Line
Glad to hear she is safe and starting to feel better. 2nd story I've heard showing the safety of the Stinger.

Reactions
City
San Diego
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2022 Pearl Stinger GT-line 2.5L AWD
Yeah... you can replace the car... but you can't replace ones life! Glad to hear she's okay and only has to contend with the consequences of the forces of physics on the spine. Go for a 2021... suppose to be 380 HP? Not sure...

https://www.carsdirect.com/2021/kia/stinger

OP
S

seanmu25

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2p19 Stinger GTS
Thread Starter #7
Thank you everyone for your thoughts. My girl is doing better in the neck and back. Her hip is starting to bother her more. We are with her primary doctor this morning for a check up.

We will for sure think about another Stinger. Im not looking forward to the search and negotiations.

The adjuster reviewed everything yesterday and informed me the Stinger will be totaled. It was going to be 28,000 to repair it. It was not going to be the same vehicle afterwards for sure. He is going to respond with a settlement number, hopefully today. I suggested 41320 (includes tax). I based this on resale value of 38,000 for the GTS with 5000 miles. We will see how much negotiating I have to do. Do you think I am asking for too little or too high?

Thanks everyone.

Ravage

Reactions
City
Hayti
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT AWD
Glad to here your girlfriend is OK. I would consider talking to a lawyer before dealing with the insurance. She may need therapy for her body pains and they will try to low ball you on the value of your stinger. Went thru a total out in November and made that mistake. I was given N.A.D.A. value which is less than kelly's blue book for my G8 and nothing for pain issues because I did not got to the ER with in a week of the accident.

OP
S

seanmu25

Reactions
City
Sacramento
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2p19 Stinger GTS
Thread Starter #9
I'm looking into taking the salvage title and cash. Insurance will not budge. There is no damage to the engine, or motor. Vehicle is drivable with no issues. Does anyone know anyone that would be interested in purchasing as is? You can part it out or repair it. Messsge me for details.