Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

Share your Kia Stinger phone mounts

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Figured we should start a thread to share phone mount ideas.

Been researching and think this is the one I'm going to get. Basically its a wireless charging mount that can support both Apple and Android phones.

[video=youtube;GwLAgbPvpFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwLAgbPvpFk[/video]

iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Wireless-Samsung-Standard-Enabled/dp/B0754NDNT8

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Micro Blue Stinger GT2 AWD
I have a cup-holder mount enroute. I've tried vent-mounts and sticky mounts on other cars and have been unimpressed to entirely disappointed. I'm sure this won't be my last attempt at a mount, either. LOL

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
Great thread idea. I was looking at the round vents, and thinking I probably wouldn't be able to use either mount I currently own. Definitely need owners to weigh-in!

Reactions
State
LA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2010 Kia Forte
Great thread idea. I was looking at the round vents, and thinking I probably wouldn't be able to use either mount I currently own. Definitely need owners to weigh-in!
On my Audi S3 there is a company called Clear Mount that produces magnetic mounts that attaches to the round vents, I'm going to send them an email to see if they would be interested in producing something for the Stinger.

Here's how it attaches. They can easily do the same for the two far left vents on the Stinger.

Here's a video on it.
[video=youtube;w_JuddAW2aQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_JuddAW2aQ[/video]

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Something has to be done and soon. Somehow my Pixel2XL comes flying out of the cupholder at times. [histerical]

Reactions
State
DC
Country
United States
On my Audi S3 there is a company called Clear Mount that produces magnetic mounts that attaches to the round vents, I'm going to send them an email to see if they would be interested in producing something for the Stinger.
Here's how it attaches. They can easily do the same for the two far left vents on the Stinger.
Here's a video on it.
Interesting product idea, although sales would be limited to enthusiasts willing to perform vent disassembly. The reviewer's commentary while struggling with it himself is kind of funny. The Stinger also has much less room between the vents, but should be easy enough to manufacture around that. Would be nice the magnetic mount could pivot too, so we're not locked in to the angle of the vents.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Here is my setup,
So that's a suction cup mount? I've eyed that spot every time I've been in my car. I've used an adhesive-based mount before but it started pulling off every time I pulled the phone off of the magnetic mount. Keep us posted on how well that holds - is it suction cup only?

Also, I tried a Macally Universal Magnetic Cup Holder mount. It wouldn't stay put in the cupholder well enough - and trying to make it do so, I trashed the mechanism a bit. So, out $18.

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
Bahrain
What I Drive
2011 - 997.2TT
So that's a suction cup mount? I've eyed that spot every time I've been in my car. I've used an adhesive-based mount before but it started pulling off every time I pulled the phone off of the magnetic mount. Keep us posted on how well that holds - is it suction cup only?

Also, I tried a Macally Universal Magnetic Cup Holder mount. It wouldn't stay put in the cupholder well enough - and trying to make it do so, I trashed the mechanism a bit. So, out $18.
Its been on more than two weeks, so far so good.

FYI, the base of the suction area is also sticky.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Its been on more than two weeks, so far so good.

FYI, the base of the suction area is also sticky.
I wondered - thank you!

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hm, taking another look, that's not my screen - mine's trapezoidal-shaped and, I assume, doesn't allow for that large of a cup.

Kazz

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Hey! Who has figured out a solution to a phone mount in their Stinger??

Renori

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I ended up designing and 3D printing a little adapter plate I could stick a suction cup onto. I had to buy a adhesive-backed disc from Amazon because the finish of my 3D printed part wasn't good enough to get good suction on. I'm not sure it'd fit onto the dash with an 8" screen.

OP
ATXStinger

ATXStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
TX
Country
United States
Thread Starter #15
Nice job [MENTION=433]Renori[/MENTION]

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I ended up designing and 3D printing a little adapter plate I could stick a suction cup onto. I had to buy a adhesive-backed disc from Amazon because the finish of my 3D printed part wasn't good enough to get good suction on. I'm not sure it'd fit onto the dash with an 8" screen.

Looks good, did you have to trim the base a bit to get a better angle?

Renori

Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Stinger GT
I dremeled the mount itself trying to get it to fit under the little overhang on the dash. Then I remembered I had access to a 3D printer.

VegasStinger

500 Posts Achieved
Reactions
State
NV
Country
United States
I dremeled the mount itself trying to get it to fit under the little overhang on the dash. Then I remembered I had access to a 3D printer.
Gotcha

MurlinatoR

1000 Posts Achieved
Staff Member
Reactions
State
IA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Lot's of Kia's

Here's a video on it.
[video=youtube;w_JuddAW2aQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_JuddAW2aQ[/video]
There is ZERO chance that the vents are coming out of the Stinger! LOL

I'm shocked, really, that the Audi has vents that just slide out like that. That's a rattle just waiting to happen!

Reactions
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2010 Jaguar XF 5.0 V8