Welcome to the #1 KIA Stinger Forum and KIA Stinger community dedicated to KIA Stinger owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Stinger Forum today!

SCC vs Std Cruise Control

hogvette

Reactions
City
Carrollton
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Sportage and 2022 Stinger
Seen lots of threads on this topic. So, 2018 Stinger vs 2022 Stinger. Many things changed.
The 2018 had SCC...once you turned on the cruise button, you could immediately hold the distance button until it beeped and let go.....then you had normal cruise control.
That feature apparently went away, as I have tried all the fixes in these threads on my wife's 2022 Stinger.
Other features disappeared bc the 2022 is the last for the Stinger...they had to make room at the plant for an electric car.
Our 2018 had a memory driver seat...when you shut the car off, the seat would go back allowing plenty of access to get out and back in. Once you hit the ignition it would return to 1 of 2 memories that you set. 2022 got rid of all that, so if you have short legs, you literally have to manually move the seat back to get out and redo went getting in !!!
The 2018 had numerous front sensors...for high curbs, parking (both parallel and pull in), etc. All the sensors on the front bumper are gone...you still have a accident avoidance sensor up on the windshield, that's it !!!

NOT VERY HAPPY

codex

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
What trim levels for each Stinger? 2022 shuffled a lot of features from the GT1 up to the GT2, and also got rid of the base GT trim.

OP
H

hogvette

Reactions
City
Carrollton
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Sportage and 2022 Stinger
Thread Starter #3
2018 basic model, 2022 basic model.....also looked at a 2022 GT later and it no longer had seat memory and zero sensors up front.

codex

Reactions
What I Drive
2019 Stinger GT1
2022 trims are GT-Line, GT1, and GT2. if you had memory seats, you had a 2018 GT-Line Premium (unless the true base had a package for memory seats?) which was essentially a GT1 with the 2.0T motor. The 2022 does not come with memory seats, and the passenger seat is manual rather than power. The 2022 also only has rear parking sensors, which came standard on the premium 2018. The Stinger went from 5 trims in 2018, each with AWD as an option, to 4 trims in 2020, to 3 trims in 2022. Most Stinger buyers aren't going for the lower trims, which is why Kia keeps getting rid of them. To get a 2022 Stinger with front parking sensors and memory seats, it's now required to get the GT2. I would suggest looking at CPO (or new if you can find them) 2019 GT-Lines and those should have most of the features you're looking for.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CaliSting Tracking, Autocrossing & Dragstrip 11